• Preparing your Chapter • Marketing your Chapter and Recruiting Members • Chapter Activities • Practice your New Skills
DECA in the Classroom • Co-Curricular to Career & Technology Education (CTE) Courses • Promotes Career and College Readiness • Promotes Community Service and Leadership • Extends Learning Beyond the Classroom
• Structure • Leadership • Organization
Committees Vice President • Why • Who • When • Where Member at Large Officer Member at Large Member at Large Member at Large
MARKETING AND RECRUITING
• Recruiting Potential Members • Students enrolled in marketing, finance, business management or entrepreneurship courses • Students looking for a strong resume-builder • Leaders in and out of the classroom • Students who wish to travel and compete
DECA CHAPTER MEMBERSHIP RECRUITMENT
• • • •
audience • •
• Find other
• Posters/ Visual Aids • School Announcements • Social Media For more resources, visit www.DECA.org
• There are two different types of fundraisers your chapter will take part in.
– Fundraisers for DECA or your DECA chapter – Fundraisers for charities like the Muscular Dystrophy Association
• MDA, The Movement • Breast Cancer Awareness • Funding for Field Trips • What are you doing to raise funds?
• DECA Sponsored Student Dance • Talent Shows • Food Sales • Ronald McDonald Can Tab Collection • Kiss the Pig
• Divide into groups of FOUR • Using the documents on your table, identify your chapter’s potential problem • Treat this as a Role Play Competitive Event o Pretend you are the officer team reporting to your chapter adviser o Select a group leader. He/ She will introduce the problem, but every group member must contribute o Explain to your chapter adviser how you will solve the problem as an officer team
• Take today’s ideas to strengthen your chapter management and leadership skills.