EXCELLENCE THROUGH PEOPLE (ETP)
Ensuring that quality programs are provided in an “efficient and fiscally responsible manner” is one of the key concepts embodied in the City’s Mission Statement. To this end, the City will monitor and review methods of operation to ensure that services continue to be delivered in the most cost-effective manner possible. This review process encompasses a wide range of productivity issues, including:
• Analyzing systems and procedures to ensure efficient delivery of services.
• Evaluating the ability of new technologies and related capital investments to improve productivity.
• Developing the skills and abilities of all City employees.
• Developing and implementing appropriate methods of recognizing and rewarding exceptional employee performance.
• Evaluating the ability of the private sector to perform the same level of service at a lower cost.
The ETP creed for leaders employed by the City of Ames is as follows:
As a leader, it is my responsibility to create our desired culture in my sphere of influence by:
• Modeling the Way
• Inspiring a Shared Vision
• Challenging the Process
• Enabling Others To Act
• Encouraging Heart
When I do, we will provide our citizens with exceptional service at the best price, and employees will experience an enjoyable and stimulating work environment from which personal and professional growth can occur.
The culture is defined by how leaders lead.