Deer High School Instructor: Mandy Daniels Fundamentals of Photography I. Name of course and course description: Fundamentals of Photography – Grades: 9-12 – Two Semesters This core introductory program is designed to provide practical knowledge and skill in preparation for a career in photography. II. Prerequisites or recommendations: None III. Audience, rationale, and anticipated outcomes for this course: Students will be able to use the camera successfully in numerous settings and they will also be able to edit their photographs. IV. Resources necessary for the course: pen/pencil paper V. Grading: Grading will be based on a points system. Points can be earned from the following: A. Creating documents B. Projects C. Worksheets/study guides D. Tests All points possible will be totaled and then divided by the number of points the student earned. All assignments, tests, and writing tasks will be weighted equally and count for 85% of your grade, the other 15% of your grade will be determined by a semester test. VI. Attendance and make up work: Handbook attendance guidelines will be followed, and all students must make up their work to receive credit. Students need to take responsibility to schedule absences (when applicable) with me to arrange a time to make up missed work. If absences are not scheduled, it is the student responsibility to get the work they missed the day they return to class. VII. Academic Dishonesty: Students who do not do their own work or copy other’s work will be given a detention and be made to do the work over. Students who cheat on a test will receive a 0% (zero) on the test. Students who print the work of other’s and turn it in as their own will receive a detention and possible parent notification. Parents/guardians will be notified of any academic dishonesty.