• Journey for Hope (JFH) /
Is an outreach for children from an impoverished community of Karlangan along a river in the town of Cainta, province of Rizal, located outside of Manila.
• Impact /
JFH feeds and supports as many as 60 kids on a daily basis, as well as housing 15 abandoned and abused teenagers who have nowhere else to stay.
• Presentation Purpose /
To share the vision and work of JFH to drive interest in ways to break the cycle of poverty and give hope to the kids of the
• Founded /
By Myles De
O’Campo, a mother of two, who grew up in Cainta, Rizal.
• 2006 /
Myles met Jeff Long with KIM* after working with adults and children living at dumpsites around Manila.
– KIM is an established organization that runs an orphanage, school, and medical facilities throughout the Philippine islands including the Cainta, Rizal area, home to 1,000’s of impoverished families and children who oftentimes live in flood zones during typhoon season.
• 2008 /
Myles focused on how she could have a greater influence on the neighborhood in which she lives and started Journey for Hope.
* KIM = Kids International Ministries, a 501c3 Corporation organized in Kansas.
• At the heart of Journey for Hope /
The children from the river side of Cainta, Rizal.
• The purpose of Journey for Hope /
To enable the children of Cainta to become the people God created them to be and offer them a future by providing food, shelter, love, and education.
Nightly dinners and devotions
Safe and secure home
Social responsibility, hygiene
Education and tutoring
Annual school supplies
Sports and music ministry
Livelihood for jobless mothers
Local church for the community
1. Systematic short-term visitor program / To provide tutorial, nightly devotions and meal support;
2. Purchase of Property/Building for Ministry Center/ To better facilitate existing activities and enable growth for the future in a more livable and functional space to be more able to mold them in a Christ way 24/7.
– Cost – open for discussion
drive awareness of the mission and needs of JFH.
– open for discussion
Staff augmentation / To support nightly dinners and equip the organization for long-term growth and stability
– Monthly Support Staff - $150
Financial support for meals and education of community children /
To enable the kids to receive an education and break the cycle of poverty
– Monthly Education - $50 per elementary student, $80 per college student
– Monthly Dinner - $15 per child
• Your help /
Whether you choose to pledge monthly or make a one time donation, your financial support directly impacts a child’s life
• Monthly dinner for two kids
• Monthly dinner for three kids, or
• Monthly schooling for one elementary student
• Monthly dinner for six kids, or
• Monthly schooling for 2 elementary grade kids, or
• Monthly schooling for 1 college student and monthly dinner for one child
• Staff support for one month and same as “$100” above
• Staff support for three months and same as “$50” above
• Staff support for six months and same as “$50” above
Up to 3
Up to 6
Up to 7
Up to 4
Up to 4
• The following is an illustrative annual expense for basic provisions as of August 2015.
Note, these expenses do not account for other expenses incurred by the organization such as fuel, clothing, phone/internet, utilities, etc.
Monthly 1 adult
Estimated annual expense
• Population: ~311,000
• Founded: November 30, 1571
• Proximity: Approximately 17 miles east of Manila, however generally
– 2 hour drive due to traffic
70% Roman Catholic
10% Non-Catholic Christian
Cainta is the richest municipality in the country (Income Revenue Growth)
Home to large manufacturing companies (e.g. Mitsubishi) and call centers
• Our top priority for 2015/2016 at Journey for Hope is to be able to purchase a permanent ministry center for the children. This is a critical need as it would allow children a stable Godly environment and a place to call home with a lovely family.
• Our goal is to raise PHP 10 million ($220,000 USD).
• Donate – www.kidsim.org
C/O Journey for Hope
• Serve – If you are interested in serving with Journey for
Hope, please contact:
• Myles DeOcampo; [email protected]
Somer Jones; [email protected]
• Website – www.journeyforhopeph.com
• Facebook – Journey for Hope Ministries
• Instagram – Journeyforhope_PH