Name:_____________________________________ Date:________________ Period:____
Directions: Use the image below to help you determine whether each statement describes mitosis, meiosis, or both. Place an “x” in the correct box.
Mitosis (body cells) Meiosis (Sex Cells)
SAME chromosome number.
HALF chromosome number.
MITOSIS MEIOSIS BOTH
1. There are two rounds of division in the process. x
2. Four total cells are produced. x
3. Duplicated chromosomes separate during the process.
4. DNA is copied during interphase.
5. At the end, the chromosome number is the SAME as the original cell.
6. The process produces body cells.
7. The process produces cells that are the SAME as the original cell.
8. The process produces cells that are DIFFERENT from the original cell.
9. The process produces sex cells (sperm & egg).
10. The process produces cells with HALF the number of chromosomes.
11. The process has only one round of division.
12. Chromosome pairs separate during the process. x x x x x x x x x
13. Two total cells are produced. x