STATISTICS ATTITUDE SURVEY
Roberts and Bilderback (1980). Reliability and validity of a statistics attitude survey. Educational and Psychological Measurement, 40, PP 235-238.
1. Statistics will be useful to me in my profession when I evaluate other people.
2. It takes me a longtime to understand a statistical concept.
3. I get a great deal of satisfaction out of solving a statistics problem.
4. Statistics will be useful to me to test the superiority of one method over another.
5. I normally am able to solve statistics problems without too much difficulty.
6. I might use statistics at my job but wouldn't like doing it.
7. Statistics will be useful to me in evaluating the effectiveness of my professional performance.
8. I make a lot of errors when I calculate statistics problems.
9. Even before I begin a new statistics topic, I feel relatively confident that I can master it.
10. Statistics will be useful to me when I describe my professional activities to other people.
11. I am able to figure out most of the equations that I need to solve a statistics problem.
12. I would like to study advanced statistics.
13. Statistics will be a useful tool that I can use to improve the reliability and validity of measures that I have developed.
14. There are so many statistical concepts to learn that I get confused.
15. The average professional would find statistics a boring subject.
16. Statistics will be a useful way to help me improve the quality of my professional performance.
17. I must constantly review statistics or I forget it.
18. The thought of taking another statistics course makes me sick.
19. Statistics is so useful that it should be a required part of my profession's skills.
20. I find statistics to be very logical and clear.
21. Given the opportunity, I would take another statistics course even though it was not required.
22. When I solve a statistics problem, I am often not sure how to interpret the results.
23. Statistics won't be useful to me in my profession because it takes too much time to use.
24.When I solve a statistics problem, I am often unsure if I have a correct or nearly correct answer.
25.It is unreasonable to expect the average professional to master and apply statistics.
26. You should be good at math before attempting statistics.
27. Statistics may be useful to someone who plans to pursue a career in research, but not very useful to the average professional.
28. Statistics is the most difficult course I have taken.
29. The pace of a statistics course is so fast that it is impossible for the average student to learn the subject matter thoroughly.
30. Homework in statistics is harder than homework in non-math subjects.
31. Statistics is too theoretical to be of much practical use to the average professional.
32. I find it easy to explain a statistics topic to someone else.
33. An average student can expect a good grade in statistics if he/she studies.