2015 Hydraulic Machines
1. All questions are compulsory.
2. “Long Answer type Question (LAQ)” is a supply type question of 15 marks which required a typical answer of about
60-80 lines in bout 32-40 minutes.
3. “Sort Answer type Question (SAQ)” is a supply type question of 5 marks which required a typical answer of about 15-20 lines in bout 08-10 minutes.
4. Figures to the right indicate marks allotted to the questions.
5. Assume suitable data if necessary
6. Use a nonprogrammable type of scientific calculator is allowed
Q.1 Explain procedure for selection of turbine.
Q.1 With neat sketch explain working of hydroelectric power-plant
Q.2 Explain in detail with neat sketch a) Gear pump b) Hand pump c) Jet pump.
Q.2 Explain the following terms a) Hydraulic accumulator b) Hydraulic intensifier.
Q.3 Discuss in brief role of Air vessel in reciprocating pump.
Q.4 Explain Runaway speed of turbine.
Time: 3 Hrs
Q.5 Classify Reciprocating compressor. Explain with neat sketch construction and working of single acting reciprocating compressor.
Q.5 Show difference between Reciprocating Compressor and
Centrifugal compressor.(any seven)
Q.6 Define dimensional analysis. Write down procedure for dimensional analysis by Buckingham method.
Q.6 Classify measurement of pressure. Explain construction and working of piezometer.
Q.7 Explain working of centrifugal compressor.
Q.8 Explain working of Centrifugal Blower.
Computer Generated Random Question Paper dated: 17-07-2015 16:36:04
***BEST OF LUCK***