Machine Design Marks-80
1. All questions are compulsory.
2. “Long Answer type Question (LAQ)” is a supply type question of 15 marks which required a typical answer of about
60-80 lines in bout 32-40 minutes.
3. “Sort Answer type Question (SAQ)” is a supply type question of 5 marks which required a typical answer of about 15-20 lines in bout 08-10 minutes.
4. Figures to the right indicate marks allotted to the questions.
5. Assume suitable data if necessary
6. Use a nonprogrammable type of scientific calculator is allowed
Q.1 Explain following terms with help of principle and mathematical equations?
a) Factor of safety
b) Poisson ratio
c) young's modulus
Q.1 Write the general consideration in machine design with suitable diagram?
Q.2 Explain the construction of types of keys with diagram?
Q.2 Describe the construction and working of lever safety valve with neat sketch?
Q.3 Which is standard size of transmission of shaft?
Q.4 Explain the design of hollow shaft on the basis of strength?
Time: 3 Hrs
Q.5 Explain in brief types of threads profile with suitable diagram?
Q.5 Describe the classification of rolling contact bearing with suitable diagram?
Q.6 Explain the concept of eccentric load acting perpendicular l to the axis of bolts with suitable diagram?
Q.6 Explain the design procedure of transverse fillet weld with suitable diagram?
Q.7 Explain the torque required to raise load by thread square friction?
Q.8 Explain concepts WAHL's correction factors (ks)
Computer Generated Random Question Paper dated: 06-07-2015 16:36:41
***BEST OF LUCK***