Social Entrepreneurship Course
Dr Ira Kaufman
School of Business and Economics
• Want to be an entrepreneur?
• Create value for others and build a new organization or transform your current one?
• Design innovations to make organization more efficient successful reach their goals?
• Want to change the world?
• Change your intention about how U use social communications- Each post has a purpose that moves U closer to your goals
• Integrate your values and creativity with entrepreneurship and digital technologies
• Think strategically to generate a strategic plan for a non-profit venture
• Developing your skills and power to change the world
• Sustainability values (internal)
• Innovative, creative (internal)
• Entrepreneurship (internal to external )
• Digital Revolution (external – resource)
• Strategic Management (external execution)
• Motivated from within to serve others and make their community/world better
• Innovate to produce products and/or services that help alleviate important global social problems such as poverty, health, education, and environment.
• Develop innovative solutions to society’s most pressing social problems.
• Dialogue on Sustainability http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-1K4VRBFv4
Social entrepreneurs develop:
• enthusiasm to create
• courage to take risks
• willingness to embrace failure
• patience to learn from mistakes
Social Entrepreneurs are
• ambitious and persistent
• tackling major social issues
• offering new ideas for wide-scale change
• identify entrepreneurial opportunities and construct innovative solutions
Digital Media is about :
• Conversing and building relationships interacting with organizations and other users
• Participating in the design and communication of the message
• Breaking down separation between functions in an organization
• Facilitating collaboration across departments.
Social Media 2013
• Elements of Strategy
• Integrated and Sustainable
“Strategy is the direction and scope of an organization over the long-term: which achieves
advantage for the organization through its configuration of resources within a challenging
environment, to meet the needs of markets and to fulfill stakeholder expectations”
Social entrepreneurs are challenged to:
• respond to social needs, including organizational mission, funding, operational execution, and sustainability.
• design social enterprises and formulate a strategic plan including branding, digital marketing strategy, budget, implementation and evaluation.
• Prepare blog post -
Dr. Ira Kaufman, President, Ira combines 30 years of rich experiences with businesses and non-profits to guide them to leverage the power of social media for marketing, recruitment and organizational development. Ira collaborates with a team of experts to design interactive environments to by integrating traditional advertising, online marketing, public relations and social media. His strong values and sensitivity to organization innovation and change are the foundation of his work. Ira has a PhD in Marketing and serves as a consultant, public speaker, and lecturer for companies and
Senior Executive programs. Currently Assistant Professor, Lynchburg
College School of Business and Economics.