Room 157 firstname.lastname@example.org
This course is designed to….
• 1. Help students explore and understand the inner workings of the United States’
Government and its’ three separate branches.
• 2. Take a look at the United States
Constitution, the Bill of Rights, and the freedoms they protect.
This course is designed to…
• 3. Take an in depth look at the Executive
Branch and the powers of the President.
• 4. Provide insight into the power of the
Judicial Branch and the law making abilities of the Legislative Branch.
• 5. Describe the American Economic System and the role it plays within the World’s
Grades will be based on a points system.
Each assignment will be worth a certain number of points and the final grade will be determined by the total points earned.
Assignments will include: homework, quizzes, tests, projects, and in-class assignments. Late assignments will be accepted at a 20 point penalty.
NOTE: All Seniors need to pass this class as a graduation requirement.
The following is needed EVERYDAY for class:
• 1. One Binder with Notebook paper
• 2. One pen or pencil
• 3. One Highlighter (any color)
• Arrive to class on time.
• Come to class prepared (have materials with you-this includes a writing utensil and notebook or binder!!!)
• Treat your classmates and your teacher with respect (there will be no toleration for insults, foul language, fighting, etc…)
Units of Study
• Unit 1: A Tradition of Democracy
Chapter 1: We the People
Chapter 2: Foundations of Government
Chapter 3: The United States Government
Chapter 4: Rights and Responsibilities
• Unit 2: The Federal Government
Chapter 5: The Legislative Branch
Chapter 6: The Executive Branch
Chapter 7: The Judicial Branch
• Unit 4: The Citizen in Government
Chapter 10: Electing Leaders
Chapter 11: The Political System
Chapter 12: Paying for Government
• Unit 6: The American Economy
Chapter 17: The Economic System
Chapter 20: Economic Challenges
Chapter 21: The U.S. Economy and the World
• Be respectful… to everybody.
• Never, ever lie to me.
• Come prepared everyday.
• If you’re a fan of… The
“U”, Ohio State, Notre
Dame, The Red Sox, the
Penguins, or the
Blackhawks… you FAIL.
• Have a sense of humor.