Activity 1: Complete the PPT Notes.
_________________________ is the process of getting the product to the consumer.
A ___________________ _______________ is the methods and channels used in delivering products from producer to consumer.
An _____________________ is an individual or organization through which products move from producer to consumer.
Sports ___________________ are participation _________________ such as
________________________ in basketball, bowling, scuba, hiking, sky diving, running, weight training, sailing, water skiing, golf, and snow-boarding.
The activities are offered—___________________—to the consumer in a number of ways such as leagues, tournaments, championships, races, meets, regattas, outings, and adventure travel packages.
• Sport _______________ ___________________ : The ________________, ____________, and ___________________ of sports _____________________ alone makes up an important part of the sport service industry.
• Sports ________________________
: The ______________________ of sports as an
_______________________ product is a fast-growing segment of the sport business industry.
• Sport ________________
: Some examples of sport media are sports ________________
(print), __________________ sports businesses (Web-based businesses), and industry
____________ magazines. The consumers of these can be either end or business consumers.
Distribution of Products
_______________________ products are physical objects. Most are manufactured in mass quantities at a factory and must be moved—distributed—to a place of purchase— retailer or wholesaler. For example, running shoes are manufactured in a factory and must be moved to a retailer to be sold.
________________________ products are not physical objects and include products such as services, places, and ideas.
______________ _________: amount of time that a product can remain in a good and consumable condition after being manufactured.
_____________________________ is getting the product to the consumer when the consumer wants it.
_____________________________ is getting the product to the consumer where the consumer wants it.
____________________________________ is creating possession of the product for the consumer.
Types of Distribution Intermediaries
• _________________________ —a company that buys goods in large quantities specifically to resell to retailers or final consumers (Peter and Donnelly, 1993).
—a company that buys goods to resell to consumers (Peter and
—an electronic retail store.
—a person or a company who “moves” products (facilitates the sale) by taking orders for a buyer and placing the order with the producer (Boone and Kurtz,
—a company that buys direct from a manufacturer or producer and offersthe products through a catalog or electronic system (Cravens and Woodruff, 1986).
—a wholesale intermediary (Peter and Donnelly, 1993).
• __________________ of a _______________________ ________________: The
____________________________ of the ___________________ should be the
______________ __________________ in the selection of a distribution system.
• A company should ____________ what the _______________________ are doing before making any sort of business decision.
• ________________________________ drives up demand, which in turn drives up prices.