General Hideki Tojo
• Prime Minister of Japan
Franklin Delano Roosevelt
• President of the United States during WWII
• Dictator of Soviet Union
• Dictator of Italy
• Prime Minister of Great Britain
What countries belonged to the Allied Powers (4)
• • • • France Great Britain Soviet Union United States
What countries belonged to the Axis Powers (3)
• • • Germany Italy Japan
• Giving in to Hitler’s demands inorder to avoid war
• “Lightning War” Modern style of fighting used by Germany. Fast paced
• Extreme nationalism….used in Italy
Lend Lease Act
• U.S. can sell weapons to countries at war if it is in the best interest of the U.S.
• Book written by Hitler that stresses hatred of Jews and wanted revenge for the Treaty of Versailles
• Chamberlain gives Hitler the Sudetenland if he promises to stop attacking lands
• Political Party started by Hitler in Germany
• Passed in 1935-37 that stated U.S. could NOT sell weapons to countries at war.
• Agreement between Germany & Soviet Union not to attack each other.
• Time between war being declared by Britain & France in September of 1939 and actual fighting against Germany that begins in April of 1940
Selective Service Act
• First ever peace time draft in U.S. history