SCI 8: Fluids Unit
Curriculum Outcomes Addressed
- Describe the relationship among the mass, volume, and density of solids, liquids, and gases using the particle model of matter (307-8)
- Explain the effects of changes in temperature on the density of solids, liquids, and gases and relate the result to the particle model of
Be sure to study your class notes and refer to the PowerPoint presentations etc. posted on my website if needed. This information can be found at << http://ssrsbstaff.ednet.ns.ca/bkluge/science8.htm
>>. You must be able to:
1) Name and explain the four main parts of the Particle Theory of Matter i. All Matter is made up of tiny particles too small to be seen ii. These particles attract each other iii. These particles are constantly in motion iv. When you add heat energy to these particles, they move faster
2) Recognize and describe the differences of mass, volume, and density of solids, liquids, and gases using the particle theory of matter.
3) Explain how changes in temperature (adding and removing heat) affects the density of solids, liquids, and gases, relating this to the particle theory of matter.