•The XL_STAR offers a complete MCU development environment
•XL_STAR allows for project development/debugging as well as demonstrating functionality of a MMA8415 accelerometer
•The tools are supported and maintained by Freescale
•The complete BOM for XL_STAR is available from Farnell / element14, ex-stock
•The MC9S08MM128 from Freescale (Farnell SKU code
1862858) offers some industry leading peripheral on-chip modules, most notably the 16-bit ADC
•As part of the Freescale Flexis family there is a 32-bit pin compatible MCU available, the MCF51MM128, that can be used for those applications requiring more processing performance without the need for a PCB re-design
XL_STAR board is a co-branded multifunction board, allowing for design and development with Freescale’s 8-Bit microcontrollers, as well as demonstrating functionality of an accelerometer
• The most scalable portfolio of low-power ARM Cortex-
M4 MCUs available today
• Innovative 90nm Thin-Film Storage Flash with
FlexMemory™ embedded EEPROM
• Exceptional mixed-signal integration
• One of the most comprehensive ARM ® enablement portfolios, including solutions from Freescale as well as the ARM connected community
32bit Kinetis MCUs represent the most scalable portfolio of ARM®
Cortex™-M4 MCUs in the industry. The first phase of the portfolio consists of five MCU families with over 200 pin-, peripheral- and software compatible devices with outstanding performance, memory and feature scalability.
Enabled by innovative 90nm Thin Film Storage (TFS) flash technology with unique FlexMemory (configurable embedded
EEPROM), Kinetis features the latest low-power innovations and high performance, high precision mixed-signal capability.
Kinetis MCUs are supported by a market-leading enablement bundle from Freescale and ARM 3rd party ecosystem partners.
The Industrial Communication Board (ICB-HSMC) is designed to provide common industry standard interfaces for FPGA platforms that support RS-232, RS-485, and CAN connectivity through a
High-Speed Mezzanine Connector (HSMC). It allows users to setup a communication network for industrial use through the industrial standard interfaces on the ICB.
This board features one RS-232 interface, one GPIO interface, four RS-485 interfaces, two CAN interfaces, and four PIO interfaces.
The ICB is an ideal addition to the DE2-115 platform for developing industrial networking solutions on Altera FPGAs.
• Preloaded Control SoC demo
• MachXO LCMXO2280
Power Manager II ispPAC-POWR1014A
• 2Mbit SPI Flash & 1Mbit SRAM
I 2 C temperature sensor
• Current and voltage sensor circuits
• On-board fan
Interface to 16 x 2 LCD panel *
• SD memory and Compact Flash memory card sockets *
Audio output channel
• Expansion header for SPI & I 2 C
• LEDs & switches
Standard USB cable for device programming and I 2 C communication
• RS-232/USB & JTAG/USB interface
• 3" x 1" prototyping area
PIC24 16-bit next generation processor with 256K
FLASH / 16K SRAM running at over 40 MIPS!
3.3/5V Dual Supplies
• NTSC/PAL with color generation helper hardware
Micro SD card interface
• Serial port
ISP and JTAG programming ports
• PS/2 keyboard/mouse port
• Expansion port header exporting numerous I/O, power, and signal lines for experimentation
• 3.3/5V internally regulated supplies
• Two game controller ports (Nintendo compatible)
The high-performance, low-power Atmel 8-bit AVR RISC-based microcontroller supported by the ATTINY20-EK1 Touch Kit.
• ATtiny20 allows for One-pin per touch sensor
Requires few external components
• Easy to use
• Lowest power consumption
Robusr in noise environment
The MCU features include:
•2KB ISP flash memory
•12 GPIO lines
•16 general purpose working registers
•8-bit timer/counter with two PWM channels
•16-bit timer/counter with two PWM channels
•Internal and external interrupts
•8-channel 10-bit A/D converter
•Programmable watchdog timer with internal oscillator
•A slave two-wire interface
•Amaster/slave serial peripheral interface
•Internal calibrated oscillator
•4 software selectable power saving modes
•The device operates between 1.8-5.5 volts
• Core: 600 MHz Am35X Sitara ARM Cortex-A8 MPU
• 256MB DDR2 SDRAM and 256MB NAND Flash memory
• Open source PCB
• Robust peripherals
• Three power sources (wall adapter, USB and POE)
• 3.3V I/O
• CAN Bus
• On-chip Ethernet
• USB Phy
• Integrated OTG Phy
• Vast library of Operating system (OS)/real-time operating system (RTOS), codec libraries and demos available
Code compatibility with TI ARM Cortex-A8 devices
• Provides users with full featured operating systems and faster user interface transitions
• Allows developers to utilize low cost memories
• Takes advantage of TI's Via Channel™ package technology to allow a simple 4-layer PCB design that users can easily reference to reduce PCB costs
Enables communication with numerous devices and customization for proprietary interface
• Broad software ecosystem to make designing fast and simple
Developers can easily migrate from the CraneBoard to other platforms with maximum code reuse
• CPU: i.MX51Multimedia Application Processor incorporating 32 bit
Clock: 800 MHz
• RAM: 512MB DDR2 SDRAM
• FLASH: 2GB NAND Flash
Video Processing Unit: IPUv3EX Encoding/Decoding of MPEG-4,
H.263, H.264 standards
• Interfaces: 1-Wire, Audio, Camera, CVBS, Ethernet, HDMI, I2C,
JTAG, Keypad, LCD, LEDs, PWM, SD-Card, SPI, 3x UART, 4x USB,
Tri-axial, digital gyroscope with digital range scaling
±150°/sec, ±300°/sec settings
Tight orthogonal alighment, <0.05
• Tri-axial, digital accelerometer, ±18 g
• Tri-axial, digital magnetometer, ±2.5 gauss
Autonomous operation and data collection
• 220 ms start-up time
4 ms sleep mode recovery time
• Factory-calibrated sensitivity, bias, and axial alignment
• ADIS16400 calibration temperature: +25 °C
SPI-compatible serial interface
• Embedded temperature sensor
• Programmable operation and control: see data sheet
• Single-supply operation: 4.75 V to 5.25 V
• 2000 g shock survivability
• Operating temperature range: −40°C to +105°C
The ADISUSB is a PC-USB evaluation system that enables basic demonstration of many SPI-output iSensor® products.
It provides 2mm screw holes for simple attachment, along with all necessary cabling for connecting these devices to the USB port.
This system provides sensor data on-demand, through the USB, at read rates up to 900SPS. This system will run on MS
Windows® XP, NT, and 2000.
The evaluation kit provides a hands-on mini robotic platform for learning and using the μC/OS-III real-time kernel.
■ Evaluation board with robotic capabilities
■ Mechanical components assembled by user
■ Stellaris® LM3S9B92 microcontroller
■ MicroSD card connector
■ I2S audio codec with speaker
■ USB Host and Device connectors
■ RJ45 Ethernet connector
■ Bright 96 x 16 blue OLED display
■ On-board In-Circuit Debug Interface (ICDI)
■ Battery power (3 AA batteries) or power through USB
■ Wireless communication expansion port
■ Robot features
Two DC gear-motors provide drive and steering
Opto-sensors detect wheel rotation with 45
Sensors for "bump" detection
The Stellaris® Robotic Evaluation Board (EVALBOT) is a robotic evaluation platform for the Stellaris LM3S9B92 microcontroller. The board also uses a range of Texas
Instruments’ analog components for motor drive, power supply, and communications functions. After a few minutes of assembly, the EVALBOT’s electronics are ready-to-run.
The EVALBOT is available with a Stellaris-specific version of
The Real-Time Kernel by Jean J. Labrosse. This book reveals how a realtime kernel works using Micrium’s μC/OS-
III and the Stellaris EVALBOT as references. In addition, the board is also available separately for those who already have the book.
• Evaluation board designed to be used with accompanying software to implement a fully functional 3phase energy meter
• Easy connection of external transducers via screw terminals
• Easy modification of signal conditioning components using PCB sockets LED indicators on the CF1, CF2,
CF3, IRQ0, and IRQ1 logic outputs
• Optically isolated metering components and USB-based communication with a PC
External voltage reference option available for on-chip reference evaluation
• PC COM port-based firmware updates
• SMPTE 424M, SMPTE 292M and SMPTE 259M-C compliant
Single supply operation at 3.3V or 2.5V
• 180mW typical power consumption (213mW with RCO enabled) at 2.5V
Supports DVB-ASI at 270Mb/s
• Input signal equalization and output-signal de-emphasis settings to compensate for board-trace dielectric losses
4:1 input multiplexer patented technology
• Choice of dual reclocked data outputs or one reclocked data output and one clock output
Standard 27MHz crystal
• Cascadable crystal buffer supports multiple reclockers using a single crystal
• Differential inputs and outputs
4 wire SPI host interface for device configuration and monitoring
• Standard logic control and status signal levels
• Auto and Manual modes for rate selection
• Standards indication in Auto mode
• Lock Detect Output
Mute, Bypass and Autobypass functions
• SD/HD indication output to control GS2978 or GS2988 dual slew-rate cable drivers
The ADS1146EVM is an evaluation board for the ADS1146, a 16bit, multi-channel, delta-sigma analogy-to-digital converter
(ADC). The modular EVM uses the ADS1146 and minimal circuitry to demonstrate functionality for prototyping and part evaluation. The pins of the ADS1146 are accessible through various connections on the ADS1146EVM connectors. The EVM can be plugged into suitable motherboards such as the
ADS1146EVM-PDK to work directly with any personal computer.
•Contains all support circuitry needed for the ADS1146
•±2.5V and +5V power-supply options for ADC
•Voltage reference options: external or on-board
•Compatible with the TI Modular EVM System
• The XCL206 series is a synchronous step-down DC/DC converter which integrates an inductor and a control IC in one tiny package. A stable power supply with an output current of 600mA is configured using only two capacitors connected externally.
• Operating voltage range is from 2.0V to 6.0V. Output voltage is internally set in a range from 0.8V to 4.0V in increments of 0.05V.
• The device is operated by 3.0MHz, and includes 0.42ΩP-channel driver transistor and 0.52ΩN-channel switching transistor.
• The XCL206 series has automatic PWM/PFM switching control, allowing fast response, low ripple and high efficiency over the full range of loads (from light load to heavy load).
• During stand-by, the device is shutdown to reduce current consumption to as low as 1.0μA or less.
• With the built-in UVLO (Under Voltage Lock Out) function, the internal driver transistor is forced OFF when input voltage becomes 1.4Vor lower.
XCL206B series provide short-time turn-on by the soft start function internally set in 0.25ms (TYP).
XCL206B integrate CL auto discharge function which enables the electric charge stored at the output capacitor CL to be discharged via the internal auto-discharge switch located between the LX and VSS pins.
When the devices enter stand-by mode, output voltage quickly returns to the VSS level as a result of this function.
The IR3840 is a synchronous buck converter, providing a compact, high performance and flexible solution in a small 5mmx6mm Power
• Programmable soft-start ramp
• Precision 0.7V reference voltage
• Thermal protection
Programmable switching frequency
• Sequence input
• Enable input,
Input under-voltage lockout for proper startup, and pre-bias start-up.
An output over-current protection function is implemented by sensing the voltage developed across the on-resistance of the synchronous rectifier MOSFET for optimum cost and performance.
The EVAL-ADuM3471EBZ demonstrates two separate applications for the ADuM347x family of quad-channel digital isolators with integrated transformer drivers. It has two independent power supply circuits: a double supply and a single supply. The switching frequency can be set from 200 kHz to
1000 kHz. The board supports a variety of I/O configurations and multiple transformer options. It is equipped with two ADuM3471 isolators.
• 2 independent ADuM347x circuits including 2.5 kVrms isolated dc-todc converters
• Single supply
5 V in to 5 V out (regulated)
Reconfigurable to 5 V in to 3.3 V out or 3.3 V in to 3.3 V out
• Double supply
5 V in to 15 V out (regulated) and 7.5 V out (unregulated)
Reconfigurable to 5 V in to 12 V out (regulated) and 6 V out
4 isolated 25 Mbps data channels per ADuM347x circuit
• Footprints for Coilcraft and Halo transformer options
Multiple switching frequency options
• Large complex custom LCD with 448 LCD segments
• CapSense buttons
The kit is factory programmed for an out-of-box demonstration of PSoC's LCD segment drive capability, along with PSoC's superior ability to integrate high performance digital and analog peripherals.
LPCXpresso-OM11048 is a new, low-cost development platform available from NXP. It supports NXP's ARM-based LPC microcontrollers.
The platform is comprised of a simplified Eclipse-based IDE and low-cost target boards which include an attached JTAG debugger.
Designed for simplicity and ease of use, the LPCXpresso IDE (powered by Code Red) will provide software engineers a quick and easy way to develop their applications.
LPCXpresso is an end-to-end solution enabling embedded engineers to develop their applications from initial evaluation to final production
• Low-cost development tool platform for LPC MCUs
• Low-cost target board
• Integrated JTAG debugger (separate debug probe not required)
End-to-end solution supports evaluation to production
• Based on the Ember EM351 and EM357 single chipZigBeeTM/IEEE802.15.4 solutions
• 2.4GHz ISM Band
• 250kbit/s over the air data rate
16 channels (802.15.4 Channel 11 to 26)
• +18dBm output power ( adjustable down to -21dBm)
• High sensitivity of -105dBm typ. @ 1% packet error rate
RX Current: 28mA, TX Current: approx. 100mA at 18dBm
• Small form factor, SMT module 25mm x 19mm
• 2 antenna options: Integrated chip antenna or U.FL coaxial connector
• Industries first ARM® Cortex-M3 based family of ZigBee modules
• Industry standard JTAG Programming and real time network level debugging via the Ember InSightPort
192kB (ETRX357) and 128kB (ETRX351) flash and 12kbytes of RAM
• Lowest Deep Sleep Current of sub 1uA and multiple sleep modes
• Wide supply voltage range (2.7 to 3.5V)
Module ships with standard Telegesis AT-style command interface based on the ZigBee PRO feature set
• Can act as an End Device, Router or Coordinator
24 general-purpose I/O lines including analogue inputs (all GPIOs of the EM35x are accessible)
• Firmware upgrades via RS232 or over the air (password protected)
• Hardware supported encryption (AES-128)
CE and FCC compliance, FCC modular approval pending
• Wireless Specifications
Wireless Standards: IEEE 802.11b; 802.11g
Channel Frequency Range: 2.412 – 2.484 GHz
Output Power: 14dBm +2.0dBM/-1.5dBm
Maximum Receive Sensitivity: -91dBm @ 1Mbps
Data Rates With Automatic Fallback: 54Mbps – 1Mbps
Range: Up to 328 feet indoors (100m)
Modulation Techniques: OFDM,DSSS, CCK, DQPSK,
DBPSK,64 QAM, 16 QAM
• Serial Interface
Two Serial Ports
Interface: CMOS 3.3V-level signals, software selectable
Serial Line Formats: 7 or 8 data bits, 1-2 Stop bits
Modem Control: DTR,DCD
Flow Control: XON/XOFF (software), CTS/RTS (hardware)
• Network Interface
Interface: Wireless 802.11b and 802.11g, Ethernet
Protocols Supported: ARP,UDP,TCP,Telnet, ICMP,SNMP, v2C, DHCP,BOOTP, Auto IP,HTTP,HTTPS,SMTP,TFTP
The Most Secure, Deployment-Ready WiFi Networking and Web Server Module
MatchPort® b/g Pro is a programmable device server delivering WiFi network with the high level of security to any electronic product. It provides connectivity in the compact, singlesocket form factor as other MatchPort modules, enabling OEMs to add WiFi or wired Ethernet networking to their products on a single PCB design.
• USB 2.0 Hi-Speed compatible
• One standard Type A USB header to connect to the Host
• USB Hi-Speed FT4232H device for USB-Serial/Bitbang communications. Entire USB protocol handled by USB module
USB 2.0 Hi-Speed hub controller integrated to support up to 3 downstream USB ports
• USB hub controller and FT4232H are USB bus powered – no external power supply needed
• External power input pin available to supply external downstream USB ports.
Support for USB suspend and resume
• 4 Asynchronous serial interfaces available which include 2 independent MPSSE engines.
Defaults to 4 RS232 interfaces.
• Asynchronous Serial data transfer rates from 300 baud to 12 Mbaud at TTL levels
• Synchronous Serial (MPSSE) data rates of up to 30Mbps on JTAG, SPI and I2C
One dualport USB A socket and 0.1” pitch header to support up to 3 downstream USB ports
• Green/Amber status LED for downstream USB port 2&3.
LED indicating power supply to external downstream USB ports
• Onboard EEPROM 93LC56 for FT4232H configuration
• UHCI / OHCI / EHCI host controller compatible