Qualitative Research Summary 1
Susan Q. Doe
September 5, 2007
Topic: Describe the general topic of your article here.
Place the reference for the article you have chosen in APA format here.
INTRODUCTION AND LITERATURE REVIEW
1. What was the general issue, topic, or question being investigated?
2. What was the purpose of the study? Is the phenomenon to be studied clearly articulated and delimited?
3. What was the need or rationale for this particular study?
1. Which purposeful sampling technique was used? What was the sample size? How were people selected for interviews or observations?
2. What was the research role assumed by the researcher? What was the person's training and background?
3. How long was the researcher in the field?
4. What was the design selected?
RESULTS AND DISCUSSION
1. What data collection strategies were used? Were multiple strategies employed?
2. What strategies did the researcher use to minimize potential bias and to help extend the findings (internal and external validity)?
3. Were the limitations of the study discussed? If yes, what were some of the recognized limitations? If no, provide your own opinions as to any limitations of the study.
4. What ethical considerations were addressed? Did the researcher specify how informed consent, confidentiality, etc. were handled in the field?
5. What do you think of this study in general and why? That is, do you think the study is
good/bad, important/not important, interesting/not interesting, makes sense/does not make sense? Would you act based on this study? Why?