Standard 1: Students will understand that water changes state as it moves through the water cycle.
Objective 1: Describe the relationship between heat energy, evaporation and condensation of water on Earth.
Teachers will describe the molecular motion of water in the three states or phases and when it is undergoing a phase change.
Teacher will construct a model of the molecular structure of a solid, liquid and gas.
Teachers will construct an explanation for phase change phenomenon experienced in class (sublimation, condensation, evaporation) and relate the role of energy in each phase change.
Teachers will compare heat sources used in class and the sun
Teachers will correctly define states of matter using shape and volume.
Teachers will use correct content vocabulary to clarify written and oral explanations and when using models (liquid, solid, gas, freezing, evaporation, condensation, molecules, structure)
1. Inquiry: What’s on the plate?
ETS Business- Dina Dritz
3. Intro to Cohort- Candace Penrod
4. Inquiry Follow-up
5. Binder- Julianne Paul
6. Case Study: Phases of Matter (Pre-Assessment)-Candace
7. Inquiry: Water and Heat. What’s Up? -Candace
8. Condensation Connection-Candace
9. The Heat Is ON!-Julianne
10. Comprehensible Input: Reading Guide with Pre-Selected Text
11. Homework- Finish Reading Guide and DO SOMETHING connected to what you learned today!
ETS Wrap-Up- Dina Dritz