The end result of this course is developing a strategic audit. In this module you will outline and draft a preliminary framework for your final product. This provides the student with the opportunity to get feedback before a final submission.
By now you have completed the following steps:
Identified the organization for your report
Created a market position analysis
Conducted an external environmental scan in preparation of your final report and presentation
In this assignment, you will generate a preliminary strategy audit in preparation for your final course project.
1. In preparation for your course project, prepare the preliminary strategy audit using the tools and framework you have focused on so far including: a. Analysis of the company value proposition, market position, and competitive advantage b. External environmental scan/five forces analysis
2. Identify the most important (5 –7) strategic issues facing the organization or business unit. a. You may modify the strategic issues in your final report based on the additional analysis you will conduct in the next two modules as well as the feedback you receive on this paper from your instructor. b. Keep in mind it is important to look at the strategic issue(s) from more than just one perspective in the business unit or company —speak to or research the issue from more than one angle to offer a 360° approach that doesn’t cause more problems/issues. c. Strategic issues arise from a mismatch between internal capabilities and external trends such that important opportunities are not being pursued or significant external threats are not being addressed under the current strategy.
3. Include a preliminary set of recommended tactics for improving your company’s strategic alignment and operating performance. a. You may modify these recommendations in your final report based on the additional analysis you will conduct in the next two modules as well as the feedback you receive on this paper from your instructor. b. Keep in mind that recommendations can include but are not limited to tactics in marketing, branding, alliances, mergers/acquisitions, integration, product development, diversification or divestiture, and globalization. If you recommend your company to go global, you must include a s upply chain analysis and an analysis of your firm’s global capabilities.
4. Write your report as though you are a consultant to your company and are addressing the executive officers of this company.
5. Make sure your writing is clear, concise, and in an organized manner; demonstrates ethical scholarship in accurate representation and attribution of sources; and displays accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
Write a 7 –10 page report (see number 4 above) in Word using the following “Essay Sample
Use The following format:
Executive Summary / Abstract
Table of Contents
Introduction to Company (each subsection should be an assessment)
External Environmental Scan/Five Forces Analysis
Assessment of external factors applying five forces
Label each issue and provide a header and the reason for why it is an issue
Summary / Key Findings and Recommendations
Due By Tuesday, July 23, 2013 , Apply APA standards to citation of sources. .
This assignment is worth 140 points and will be graded using a rubric, see attached (review the rubric to understand the expectations).