Name of the Student ……………………………………
Course #7695) Fall-2005
Dr. John A. Davitt
BOARD OF TRUSTEES
Dr. Kathleen Burke-Kelly
Anita Quinonez Gabrielian
Dr. Armine G. Hacopian
Victor I. King
Ara James Najarian
October 25, 2005
Dear “Earth Revealed” student:
Trust you have been enjoying watching the “Earth Revealed” videos, episodes 111-6 of which, covering the subject matter of the current module, have been telecast already, and are reading the book and the handouts that were provided. Here is the Quiz that you have been waiting for. It is due back on October 26, 2005 when we will have our 4 th
(6-9 PM: CS-266) and the 3 rd
Each question below is either TRUE or FALSE.
1. The oldest abundant fossils of complex multicellular life date from the Cenozoic.
2. Feldspars are most abundant rock forming minerals on earth.
3. Rhyolite is the most common volcanic igneous rock because its composition is very similar to that of granite.
4. The feldspar found in gabbro is plagioclase whereas the feldspar found in granite is the potassium feldspar.
5. Clay minerals commonly form from the chemical weathering of feldspars and pyroxenes.
6. Construction destabilizes a slope by adding weight to the bottom of the slope.
As you know, the SI (supplemental instruction) meeting too will be held on October 28, also in CS-266, for an hour before our scheduled class meeting (i.e., from 5 to 6 PM).
MS MBA Ph.D.
Chair, Geology & Oceanography
Program and the Class Instructor
1500 North Verdugo Road
Glendale, CA 91208-2894