Answer on a separate paper – your answers to this paper
Text Book: Chapters 9-14
1. What made suburbanization possible in the 1920's?
2. What did Nativists promote?
3. The Scopes Trial revealed fundamentalists' dislike of what idea?
4. What was the Harlem Renaissance?
5. What were the effects of the automobile industry's growth in the 1920's?
6. The National Origins Act of 1924 limited the immigration which groups?
7. Describe the economy of the 1920s.
8. What was Jazz music derived from?
9. What was the Teapot Dome scandal?
10. What did Republican presidents of the 1920's emphasize?
11. Who was the leader of the Universal Negro Improvement Association?
12. What signaled the beginning of the Great Depression?
13. Describe the characteristics of consumerism during the 20’s.
14. What caused the banks to fail during the late 1920's?
15. Describe the impact of the depression on Black and Hispanic American citizens
16. Describe Herbert Hoover’s political philosophy.
17. What was Neutrality Act of 1939?
18. What was the “lend lease” program?
19. What was the Atlantic Charter of 1941.
20. What was the bracero program?
21. Describe the main reason behind Harry Truman’s decision to drop the atomic bomb.
22. Describe the impact of women workers on the home front during WWII.
23. What was the Manhattan Project?
24. What was Executive Order 9066 and who did it impact?
25. Who were the “Big Three” at the Yalta Conference?
26. What was the Truman Doctrine?
27. What was "containment"?
28. What was the Marshall Plan?
29. What was NATO? The Warsaw Pact?
30. What was brinkmanship?
31. What was Sputnik? Who launched it?
32. What was happened at the Bay of Pigs? The Cuban Missile Crisis?
33. What was the domino theory?
34. What was the Tonkin Gulf Resolution?
35. What was Operation Rolling Thunder?
36. What was the Tet Offensive?
37. What was vietnamization?
38. Who were the Little Rock Nine? In Little Rock, Arkansas, in 1957,
39. What were the Black Panthers? Who were the leaders
40. Who were the United Farm Workers? Who was the leader?
41. What was the American Indian Movement?
42. What was the Freedom Summer?
43. What was the Civil Rights Act of 1964
44. What was the Brown v. Board of Education decision?
45. Who were Freedom Riders
46. What was the March on Washington of 1963? What were the goals?
47. What happened in Watts in Los Angeles in 1965? What caused it?
48. What happened in Greensboro in February 1960?
49. Why were four students killed by the National Guard at Kent State University?
50. What was the decision by the Supreme Court in Roe v. Wade ?
51. What was the G.I. bill? What did it do?
52. What was Levittown? Who developed it?
53. What was the Fair Deal? Who developed it?
54. What was The Feminine Mystique ? Who wrote it?
55. What was the Warren Commission:
56. What was the counterculture? What were their characteristics?
57. Who was the 1st American astronaut on the moon?
58. What was the Watergate crisis? What was its impact?