Teacher: Enas AlMusallam Dictionary skills In-term 2 College of Applied Studies Duration: 1 hours English Translation Section I.
1) Group the following words according to their vowel sounds:
fact, ladle, swallow, labour, camera Fail Park Bad
2) Look up the following pairs of headwords and their derivatives in your dictionary.
Mark the stress
on each of the following words.
whether the headword and its derivative have the same stress pattern (S) or a different one (D):
Same OR Different
another way of spelling
the following words. then decide whether the variant spelling in an
British/ American spelling
Another spelling Alternate OR Br./Am. III.
1) Look up these nouns in your dictionary and note whether they are
[C], [U], or both.
the plural form if any
. If there is
no plural for the noun, write NONE
[C], [U], or both Plural
2) Use your dictionary to find the
forms of the following adjectives:
3) Use your dictionary to find the
different forms of the verbs
Infinitive Present participle Past Past participle
1) Use your dictionary to complete the following table of
Verb Noun Adjective
2) Find the
of the following words using a