1) What do ALL plants and animals do? Circle TWO answers: reproduce climb grow fly
2) Draw lines to connect the part of the plant to its job. The first one has been done for you. flower has seeds inside.
The stem helps to make the fruit.
The root holds the plant up.
The fruit takes in water.
3) What must a plant do to stay alive?
Tick TWO boxes:
Take in water
Stay in sunlight (2 marks)
4) Where do these foods come from?
Complete the table write plant or animal:
5) Circle THREE life processes below that humans and animals do in order to stay alive: move swim play football feed fly grow
6) Match the plant to its habitat.
The first one has been done for you:
PLANT HABITAT seaweed rain forest sea banana plant trees forest / woodland desert
Jane sowed 3 lots of 20 seeds. She put the seeds in rooms of different temperatures.
Look at the table below:
Temperature of room (°C) Number of seeds germinated after 10 days
7) What is the only factor Jane is changing in her experiment?
Circle the correct answer:
8) Write down TWO factors she must keep the same to make it a fair test?
__________________ and ___________________
9) What equipment do you use to measure the
TEMPERATURE? Circle one answer:
Below is a line graph to show the results:
A line graph to show how temperature affects seed growth.
0 5 10 15 20
10) What is happening to the line on the graph?
11) Explain what the graph shows in your own words:
12) What do you think would happen to a potted plant if it was placed in a VERY hot room? Would it survive?