Date: Thursday, January 23, 2014
Location: Atlanta Fish Market • 265 Pharr Road NE, Atlanta, GA 30309 • (404) 262-3165
Schedule of Events: 6:30-7:00 PM - Registration/Announcements
7:00-8:00 PM - CE Program Presentation
8:00-830 PM - Questions/Wrap-up
Program Goal: The goal of this knowledge-based activity is to improve knowledge of the management of anemia in chronic kidney disease patients, including those on dialysis versus not on dialysis.
- Define etiology and risk factors for anemia
- Discuss the presentation and clinical diagnosis of iron deficiency anemia
- Describe treatment options for iron deficiency anemia in patients with chronic kidney disease (CKD)
- Discuss the mechanism and potential side effects of Erythropoietin Stimulating Agents (ESA’s)
- Outline major risk factors for anemia
- Identify common signs and symptoms of iron deficiency anemia
- Distinguish between treatment options for iron deficiency anemia
Target Audience: Pharmacists, Pharmacy technicians, and Pharmacy students
Faculty Speaker: Joshua Wolf, MD
Transplant Nephrologist at Piedmont Hospital in Atlanta, GA
Financial Disclosure: Joshua Wolf, MD has no relevant affiliations of financial relationships with a commercial interest to disclose.
Fees for activity: No fee for AAIP members, $60 for non-members which includes a one-year membership
Continuing pharmacy education credit: 1 contact hour or 0.1 CEU
The Atlanta Academy of Institutional Pharmacists is on probation as an accredited provider of continuing pharmacy education by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education.
ACPE Universal Activity Number (UAN): 0115-0000-14-001-L01-P; 0115-0000-14-001-L01-T
Requirements for successful completion: To obtain continuing education contact hours for this event, be sure to sign the registration log, complete your post-test and program evaluation forms online. An NABP number and associated date of birth in the format “MMDD” must be provided. Statements of continuing pharmacy education credit will be uploaded to CPE monitor within 60 days of completion of the program.
This program is supported by an educational grant from American Regent.