* Based at Healesville Sanctuary
* Ongoing full time position commencing late March 2016
* Monday to Friday roster with weekend Duty Officer shifts as required
* Salary range $82,900 - $85,000 + 9.5% superannuation
Zoos Victoria operates three landmark zoos, Healesville Sanctuary, Melbourne Zoo and Werribee
Open Range Zoo. Victoria's zoos are made up of passionate, energetic and driven employees committed to fighting wildlife extinction. Every person, from the extensive range of disciplines, plays an important role in helping the organisation realise its vision to become the world leading zoobased conservation organisation.
The Life Sciences Manager: Visitor Engagement & Exhibits is an essential role to the engagement of visitors at Healesville Sanctuary that leads to successful community conservation actions.
* Work within the curatorial team to lead a team of keepers directly and also providing operational and strategic direction to other Life Sciences teams on site
* Excellent communication skills and the ability to work within and lead multidisciplinary teams
* Lead strategies to improve exhibit and presentation standards across the property
* Work closely with the Zoos Victoria Visitor Experience team in developing and implementing visitor engagement programs that deliver on the conservation strategy of Zoos Victoria
This position manages the husbandry teams that maintains display aviaries and avian breeding and release programs for selected threatened species (Helmeted honeyeaters and Orange bellied parrots). A key challenge for this role is to increase the success of these programs and the engagement delivered by all exhibits across Healesville Sanctuary.
The successful candidate will require great communication skills with a proven ability to maintain effective relationships and create high performing teams. Experience in exhibit design and maintenance, creation of presentations and encounters, and captive husbandry of wildlife, especially birds is all essential. Well-developed interpersonal and organisational skills plus a creative approach to problem solving are highly desirable.
For additional information please refer to the attached position description. If you have any questions about this position please contact Rupert Baker, General Manager of Life Sciences 0409
To apply for this position, please submit a cover letter and a resume via our website - Zoos Victoria
Applications close at 11.00pm on Monday 15 February 2016.