More information about this job

advertisement

Human Resources Manager

More information about this job

Overview

Food Services of America, a dynamic, growing, and privately-held food distribution organization has an immediate opening for an experienced

Human Resources Manager

reporting to the Vice

President, Finance. The successful candidate will serve as a business partner for the management, development and administration of all aspects of human resource programs such as affirmative action, recruitment, labor relations, payroll, workers’ compensation, benefits and company policies for this operating unit of Food Services of America.

Responsibilities

General

Ensure compliance with legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting the Human Resources function

Conduct exit interviews on all voluntary resignations

Oversee and administer the car insurance policies for sales team to ensure they are up to date with adequate coverage

Administers various associate services plans, procedures and guidelines to help align the workforce with the strategic goals of the branch

Oversee maintenance of staff personnel files, including submission of changes and file update

Employee Relations

Partners with management on personnel issues, labor relations and the interpretation of personnel policies and procedures

Proactively conducts investigations when Associate complaints or concerns are brought forth

Advises managers and supervisor about the steps in the discipline system of the branch

Counsels managers on employment issues

Benefits

Administer all leave situations and paperwork required by the FMLA and conduct leave of absence update bi-weekly to determine proper FMLA coverage

Administer the short-term disability program

Monitor benefits accruals on union associates who are on leave or light duty

Calculate amount of sick leave owed to make up the difference between time loss pay and regular wages earned and inform supervisor of how many hours of sick pay is due, so the associate is paid appropriately

Conduct new Associate orientation program

Manage workers compensation claims

Training and Development

Identifies training gaps and work with Corporate Human Resources to ensure company training needs such as new associate orientation, compliance, sexual harassment, and health fairs are delivered

Facilitate delivery of training such as interview skills and Civil Treatment for Leaders

Assist with the adoption and application of leadership excellence training

Recruiting

Participate with the preparation of the information required for government compliance

Oversee the recruitment process ensuring compliance with OFCCP regulations including applicant tracking and other branch Affirmative Action Plan requirements

Oversees tactical recruiting including preparing job postings, job ads for newspapers,

Internet posting, screening resumes and performing interviews

Other duties as assigned

Qualifications

Ability to communicate with all levels of Associates

Make presentations to groups of up to 200 people

Must have Business Administration Degree and a Human Resource Management Major preferred

Minimum five years HR Generalist work experience

Prior experience working in a similar role for a federal contractor in a Union

Environment

Must have experience with Oregon Family Leave Laws

Strong organization, analytical and strategic project planning skills

Ability to identify problems and work with others to resolve them

Computer skills including Infinium, Kronos, Windows, Outlook and Microsoft office suite experience

Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills

Sitting up to 80% of the time, with the remaining 20% walking or standing

Ability to pass a background investigation and drug screen

Equal Employment Opportunity Employer M/F/Vets/Disabled

Apply online at: https://fsafoodcareers-fsafood.icims.com/jobs/3492/human-resourcesmanager/job?mobile=false&width=750&height=500&bga=true&needsRedirect=false&jan1offset=-

480&jun1offset=-420

Download