1. What is the name of More's daughter?
2. What is the title of More's wife?
3. What is the first name of More's daughter's suitor?
4. What does More say when More's daughter says she is engaged?
She cannot marry with Will because he is a heretic.
5. Why does More react the way he does to the announcement of the proposal to his daughter?
Because William is a heretic
6. Who has More's daughter's suitor tried to pattern his life after?
Being a lawyer
7. What does More's daughter's suitor call the Church?
A heretic Church, it is a shop-forgiveness by the florin!
8. What does More say his daughter's suitor must do before he marries his daughter?
To become a passionate churchman
9. What does More's daughter's suitor say is the worst thing about More's church?
Roper believes the Catholic Church is heretical Church because he does not agree the divorce.
10. What is the last name of More's daughter's suitor?
11. How does More's daughter's suitor get home after his talk with More?
Take a horse from More and leave.
12. More says his daughter's suitor is just like
1. What is the Common Man gathering up in Scene 5?
Cardinal's red robe and hat
2. For whom is the Common Man working in Scene 5?
He is working in Hampton Court
3. Where is the Common Man putting the things he is gathering up in Scene 5?
4. What does the Common Man read in Scene 5?
5. What did Wolsey die of?
He is die of pulmonary pneumonia
6. What does the Common Man think Wolsey really died of?
He thinks King is unhappy because Wolsey reject the divorce
7. Where was Wolsey going when he died?
He is dead in jail because he has charged for treason
8. Who replaced Wolsey after his death?
9. What does the Common Man say is the main difference between Wolsey and the new Chancellor?
He can change his main depend on different event in different situation when he stay in this position.
10. What does the Common Man say is the worst thing about the new Chancellor?
He is not a flexible man that easier to change his mind.
11. How do most people view the new Chancellor?
A scholar and a saint
12. What was Wolsey charged with just before his death?
Wolsey was charged with treason.
1. Where does the Scene 6 take place?
2. What does Rich do for the Duke?
Rich is a secretary and librarian.
3. What was Cromwell's occupation before Wolsey's death?
4. Who hired Cromwell after Wolsey's death?
5. How does Cromwell define his new position after Wolsey's death?
He says that he would be get fortune flowed from the service to King and makes him happy.
6. What is Henry's innocent fantasy according to Cromwell?
Henry’s innocent fantasy is a barge, himself and the people who to launch Great Henry
7. Where does More live as the Chancellor?
8. What does Chapuys call More when talking to Cromwell?
A good son of the church
9. What does Rich do when More enters Scene 6?
He follows Cromwell, who is catching up with Steward
10. Who got Rich his position with the Duke?
11. To whom does More talk about the divorce of the King?
His daughter- Margret
12. What does Cromwell do when the steward brings information about More?
He gives Steward some coins.
1. Which of the following are NOT looking for More in Scene 7?
2. Who is coming when More goes missing?
3. Who is visibly upset about More being punished for not being found?
4. Where was More when he could not be found?
5. What is More dressed in as his surprise visitor arrives?
6. Who gives More his chains of office before his visitor arrives?
7. Who does the surprise visitor apologize to for his intrusion?
8. What does the surprise visitor say about Margaret?
She is a scholar
9. What does Margaret have better skills in than the surprise visitor?
10. What is the surprise visitor better at than Margaret?
11. What does the surprise visitor show Margaret to prove his skill?
He show his legs to prove he is dancing very well.
12. What does the surprise visitor say he could do to Norfolk?
He should do something bad to Norfolk
1. What is a publican?
the keeper of a public house
2. What does Cromwell ask of the publican?
Do you know who I am?
3. Why does Rich say he will keep the secret of Cromwell's new position?
Because it no ceremony, no courtship that King said.
4. What is the new position Cromwell wants Rich to keep secret?
Secretary to the Council
5. What does Rich say is the one thing that would convince him to tell others of Cromwell's new position?
It depend on what he offered
6. Why is Cromwell happy to hear about what would induce Rich to tell others of Cromwell's new position?
Because he knows Rich is working under him.
7. What job does Cromwell say Rich would be good at?
Collector of Revenues for York Diocese
8. What does Rich tell Cromwell he is almost certain of about his character?
He is not a religious
9. What does Cromwell tell Rich his main job is for the King?
The convenience work under King like the event of divorce.
10. What does Rich say he has lost while talking to Cromwell?
11. What kind of man does Cromwell say would stay out of the way of the divorce?
A man with sense
12. Rich tells Cromwell that it will be hard to