These external program affiliates include the flight for semester programs only
DO NOT PURCHASE A FLIGHT ON YOUR OWN.
UCC/Ireland Direct Program
You will need to inquire with the program about flight arrangements, details and timing of flight purchase.
QU Office of Multicultural and Global Education policies governing Short-term study abroad are as follows:
. Students must be in good academic standing and must not have any existing or pending conduct sanctions. Students with a conduct sanction or who have one placed on them after being accepted to study abroad must submit a Request for
Waiver of Conduct Clearance. In special circumstances, QU may grant permission to study abroad in its sole discretion.
2. The short term study abroad program must be pre-approved by the QU Office of
Multicultural and Global Education.
3. Students shall be limited to two courses taken abroad during their short term program. If more courses are requested, then the student must file a variant procedure with the Dean of their college or school.
4. Students are eligible to apply for financial aid if they are enrolled in six credits.
Please inquire with the Financial Aid Office for further information.
5. To receive credit for classes taken abroad on a short term program, students must have pre-approval from the associate dean of her/his school prior to the set deadlines stated in the QU Procedures for Studying Abroad.
5. A grade of
“C” or better will be accepted for transfer credits for all short term study abroad programs.
No letter grade will be given for these credits.
If the short term program course grades are less than C, the credits will not be accepted at Quinnipiac.
6. Students are not exempt from the Undergraduate Summer Credit Policy as outlined in the Course Schedule and Registration Bulletin which prohibits students from taking more than 7 credits during the summer.
7. Students who have not completed the Summer Study Abroad
Registration Form or complied with policies and procedures as outlined by the QU Procedures for Studying Abroad, will not receive transfer credit and will be ineligible to study abroad through Quinnipiac University.
When studying through a QU approved short term study abroad program, the student is required to pay the program cost directly to the program.
The student is responsible for paying QU’s study abroad health insurance, and an emergency medical/security service plan. Payment must be given to the Office of Multicultural and Global
Education by set deadlines. This fee will be paid for each month the student is out of the country.
Failure to make the required payments will disqualify a student from receiving transfer credit.
Programs for summer/winter session can range from $5,000-$12,000 (depends on the program inclusions, length, courses etc.)
What is the difference between an External Program
Affiliate & QU Direct Programs?
Application Process &
QU Direct Programs
API, CEA, AIFS, Global
Completed and found on programs website via
QU’s study abroad portal
Ireland, QU 301, Faculty led
Completed and found in the OMGE or with
Found on program affiliate website or call program manager (flight inclusions may not appear on the website)
Found in OMGE or with
Provided by Program
Provided by OMGE or with Professor
(QU301 or Faculty led are not on the portal, contact OMGE for program
Attend a MANDATORY Study Abroad Information Session
Meet with your Academic Advisor
Schedule a meeting with your Academic Advisor to discuss your interest in
Studying Abroad and determine how you will fulfill graduation requirements through a Study Abroad program
Research approved Program Options on QU’s
Study Abroad Portal
Get more information about the available programs, costs, etc., in the Office of
Multicultural and Global Education (OMGE). Schedule an appointment to talk to the OMGE regarding choosing a program that meets your academic, financial, professional needs and goals. Please check for available office hours.
This process can take time, and only YOU can make the decision about which program will be most appropriate.