Plant Classification: Plant Kingdom is sub divided by:
-Plants absorb water only by diffusion & osmosis.
-Grow close to ground to adapt to lack of tubes.
-mosses -liverworts -hornworts LIVERWORT HORNWORT MOSS
Internal transport of nutrients xylem/phloem.
Xylem: Tissues that carry water throughout the plant.
Phloem: Carries glucose from the leaves to the all the other cells in the plants.
• Gymnosperms • Angiosperms
• Reproduce using
– Reproduce with gametophyte.
• Examples: – Ferns
• Evergreens / Conifers – Means “naked seed”
• Flowering Plants: – Monocots – Dicots • Reproduction – Seed produced in cone – Wind and insects used for fertilization.
• Reproduction – Seed produced in flower – Wind and insects used for fertilization.
• One seed leaf • Veins are parallel
• Two seed leaves • Veins are branching • Examples: – Bulbs, grasses, orchid • Examples: – Flowering trees/shrubs
How does it work?
-What does each number represent?
-What is the equation?