The Speckled Band

advertisement
The Speckled Band
第九組 企管二甲
4A170046 陳昱君
4A170048 林怡均
When I read many of the stories in my diary, I find that some are tragic, some are
funny, but nearly all are strange.
當我在我的日記讀到許多故事,我發現有些很悲劇,有些很有趣,但是最近(幾乎)都
很奇異。
Sherlock Holmes was a detective who liked stories that were mysterious.
福爾摩斯是個喜歡神秘故事的偵探。
If a case was too easy to solve, he was not interested.
如果案子太容易解決,他就會沒有興趣。
Sherlock Holmes worked not for the money but for the love of solving crimes.
福爾摩斯不是為了錢工作,而是喜歡解決案子。
No case is stranger than The Speckled Band.
沒有比 The Speckled Band 更奇異的案子了。
I woke one morning to find Sherlock Holmes standing fully dressed by the side of my
bed at seven o’clock.
我在一個七點的早晨醒來發現福爾摩斯穿著整齊地站在我的床邊。
“Sorry to wake you so early, Watson,” he said.
“華生,不好意思這麼這就吵醒你” 他說
“What is it, Holmes? Is the house on fire?”
“福爾摩斯發生甚麼是(事)嗎? 房子失火了嗎?”
“No, a young woman is in trouble and needs our help.
“不, 一個年輕女子有麻煩需要我們的幫忙”
She is waiting downstairs in the sitting room.
她正在樓下的客廳等著。
I think it must be serious for her to visit so early in the morning.
我認為這件事對他很嚴重,所以才這麼早來拜訪。
It might be an interesting case.
她可能是個有趣的案子。
I thought you would like to follow it from the start.”
我想你可能會想從頭了解。
“I would not miss a good story for anything,” I said.
“我不想錯過任何好的故事,” 我說
“Good. I’ll see you downstairs in a few minute.”
“很好,再過一會兒留下見。
I dressed quickly and was soon ready.
我很快地就準備好。
My friend and I entered the sitting room.
我的朋友和我進入客廳。
“Please sit closer to the fire for I can see you are shivering,” Holmes said to the
woman who was waiting there.
"請坐靠近火爐我看到你正在發抖"福爾摩斯對著在那等著的女子說。
Then he introduced me.
然後他介紹我。
“This is my good friend, Dr. Watson.
"這是我的好朋友,華生醫生
You can trust him completely.”
你可以完全的相信(信任)他。
“It is not cold that makes me shiver,” said the woman.
沒有冷到讓我發抖。那個女子說
“What is it then?” asked Holmes.
不然呢?福爾摩斯問
“It is fear, Mr. Holmes. It is terror.”
福爾摩斯先生我是因為害怕。這件事很可怕
I could see her face clearly.
我很清楚地看到她的臉
She was frightened and looked very nervous.
她很驚嚇而且看起來很緊張。
I could see Holmes looking at her very carefully.
我可以看到福爾摩斯很仔細的看著她。
“You must not be afraid. We will help you. You came by train, I see.”
"你不要害怕,我們會幫助你。我知道你坐火車來。
“Yes, But how did you know that, Mr. Holmes?”
"是的,但是你是怎麼知道的?福爾摩斯先生
I can see a return train ticket in your left hand.
我可以看到妳左手上的回程火車票
You must have had a very early start, and yet you had a long drive in a dog-cart along
muddy roads before you got to the station.”
你一定很早就出發了,而且在你到車站前,你搭車沿著很長的泥濘道路。
The young woman looked surprised that Holmes knew so much about her.
福爾摩斯知道她這麼多事,讓年輕女子看起來很驚訝。
“There is no mystery,” my friend said.
"這沒有什麼。"我的朋友說
“The left arm of your jacket is splashed with mud in seven places.
在你左手臂上的夾克有七個地方被噴到泥巴。
There is no other carriage that throws up mud in that way, and the marks are fresh.”
坐馬車不會將泥巴潑到那裏,而且痕跡還很清楚。
“You are quite right, Mr. Holmes. I left home before six this morning and caught the
first train into London. If I do not get help, I think I will go mad. Please help me, Mr.
Holmes; I don’t have anyone else to ask.”
福爾摩斯你幾乎都對了。我早上六點離開家然後搭第一班火車到倫敦。
我如果沒有來求助,我想我會瘋掉。福爾摩斯先生拜託請幫助我,我已經沒有人
可以拜託了。
“Of course I will help you,” Holmes said in his most calming voice.
"我當然會幫助你"福爾摩斯用他沉著的聲音說
“Now please tell me why you have come to see me.”
現在請告訴我妳為什麼會來見我
“I’m not sure about what’s happening to me. There are no facts that I can be certain
of-just a lot of little things that make me very nervous.”
我不確定我發生了什麼是。沒有證據讓我去確認。只是很多小事讓我很緊張。
Download