"I think he likes us, “I said. “我認為她喜歡我們”我說

advertisement
第三頁
"I think he likes us, “I said.
“我認為她喜歡我們”我說
We paid Lori for him.
我們為她支付洛莉
"Come back for him in three weeks, “she said.
“三周後回來帶他”她說
"He'll be eight weeks old, so you can take him than."
“她將滿八周,這樣你就可以帶走他”
We tanked Lori and said goodbye.
我們像洛莉說再見
On our way to the car, I put my arm around Jenny.
在車上,我握著珍妮的手
"It's wonderful?" I said . "We got our dog."
“這是美好的?”我說。”我們得到了我們的狗”
"Yes, “she said. “I can't wait to bring him home."
“是的”她說。”我迫不及待想將他回家了”
Suddenly, we heard a loud noise in the woods.
突然間,我妹聽到樹林中發出了聲巨響
Something ran out of the trees-something large and yellow.
從樹間跑出個又大又黃的東西
It was a big Labrador.
那是一隻拉不拉多犬
But this dog was very different from Lily.
但這隻狗跟洛莉的狗非常不同
This dog was wild and dirty.
這隻狗是野生且骯髒的
It had a crazy look in its eyes.
他眼睛散發出瘋狂的樣子
It ran quickly past us, and around the back of the house.
他迅速穿越我們跑向房子後面
"I think, “I said slowly, “that’s Dad."
“我想”我慢慢說”那是爸爸”
Jenny and I tried to think of a name for our puppy, but each of us liked
different names.
珍妮和我試圖想為我們的小狗取名子,但我們都喜歡不同的名子。
One morning, we heard a song by Bob Marley, the Jamaican singer, on the
radio.
一天早上,我們從收音機上聽到一首由鮑勃·馬利,牙買加歌手。
Bob Marley was dead, but people played his music everywhere in Florida.
鮑勃·馬利已經死了,但人在美國摩羅里達州讓自己的音樂無處不在
Jenny and I like his music ,too.
珍妮和我都喜歡他的音樂
Suddenly, at the same time ,we shouted, “Marley!"
突然間,在同一個時間,我們喊”瑪莉”!
"That's it! “I cried. "That's his name. Marley! “Jenny smiled.
“就是他!”我哭了,”這是他的名子,瑪莉!”珍妮笑了
Some days later, Jenny’s sister called her from Boston.
幾天後,珍妮的姐姐從波士頓打電話給他
"We're visiting Disney World next week whit the children, “she said.“
“我們下周要帶孩子去迪士尼樂園”她說
"Would you like to with come to us?"
“你想來找我們嗎?”
Jenny wanted to go to Disney World very much.
“珍妮一直想去迪士尼樂園”
"But I won't be here when Marley comes home, “she said.
“但瑪莉回家的時候我就不再這”她說
"That's OK,"I said. “I’ll go and get Marley."
“那好吧”我說”我去接瑪莉”
A week later ,Jenny left for Orlando.
一個星期後,珍妮離開奧蘭多
That evening after work, I drove to Lori's house.
下班後那天晚上,我開車去洛莉的房子
Marley was a very large puppy now.
瑪莉是一隻非常大的小狗了
第四頁
"He eats a lot, “said Lori.
“他吃了很多”洛莉說
"Are you ready for your new home, Marley? “I said.
“你準備好進入你的新家了嗎 瑪莉?”我說
I used his name for the first time and felt right.
我第一次喊了他的名子
Marley sat next to me in the car.
瑪莉在車上坐在我旁邊
H tried to climb on me, but each time, he fell back on the floor.
他試著爬爬到我身上,但每次都跌到了地板上
In the end, he climbed up and sat on me.
最終,他爬上了坐在我身上
He wagged his tail happily.
他開心的搖著尾巴
When we got home, I took off his leash.
當我們回家之後我放開了他的繩子
Marley began to sniff.
瑪莉開始嗅
He want around the house and sniffed everything.
他希望將房子的一切都嗅一遍
Then he sat back and looked at me with his large brown eyes.
然後他坐了回去,用他棕色大眼睛看著我
I could read Marley's thoughts: This place is great. But where are my brothers and
sisters?
我可以理解瑪莉的想法”這個地方很大 ,但我的兄弟姊妹呢?”
I took Marley to the garage, next to the house.
我把瑪莉放在車庫旁的房子
It was a warm, dry room.
這裡是一個溫暖,乾淨的房子
"Marley, “I said. "This your room now."
“瑪莉”我說”現在這裡是你的房間”
I put some newspapers down on the floor.
我把一些報紙鋪在地上
I put some playthings down, too.
我放了一個玩具~兩個!
Then I put some water in a bowl and made a dent from a large box.
然後我把一些水倒在碗裡,並在箱子上坐了一個凹痕
"You're going to sleep here, “I said.
“你要在這裡睡覺”我說
I put Marley into the box.
我把瑪莉放到了箱子中
He looked sadly up at me
他神求黯然看著我.
I want back into the house and closed the door.
我想回屋,關上了門。
I stood and listened.
我站著聆聽
I could hear nothing.
我彷彿聽見了什麼
Then I heard a cry -and then another cry.
然後我聽到了一聲哭聲,又一聲哭聲。
The cries got louder and louder.
那哭聲越來越清晰
When I opened the door again, Marley stopped crying.
當我再次推開門,瑪莉停止了哭泣
I petted him for some time.
我拍了拍他一段時間
Then I left again and closed the door.
後來我離開又關上了門
Marley started to cry again.
瑪莉又開始哭了起來
I was very tired, so I went to my bedroom.
我很累,我想去我的房間
My bedroom wasn't near the garage, but I could hear Marley's cries.
我的房間不再車庫附近,但我能聽到瑪莉的哭聲
I felt sorry for him.
我覺得對不起他
His family wasn't there.
他的家人已經不在了
After I got into bed, I listened to Marley's cries for half an hour.
我鑽進被窩後,我聽了瑪莉的哭聲達半個多小時
Then I got up and went back to the garage.
然後我站了起來回到了車庫
Marley stopped crying and wagged his tail.
瑪莉停止哭泣了,搖著尾巴
I carried his box into my bedroom and put it on the floor next to my bed.
我抱著他的箱子到我的臥室,並將其放到我的床旁邊
Then I got into bed and put my hand down into the box.
然後我鑽進被窩,我把我的手垂放在箱子旁
Some minutes later, Marley was asleep. I slept, too.
幾分鐘後瑪莉就睡著了,我也睡了。
Download