Name ____________________________________________________ Date __________ Period ______
Algebra I Q4 – Review #3 – 20 points Ms. Hahl
Part 1 –
Directions: Choose the correct answer. Write the selected number on the line to the left of the question
and circle your selected choice.
______ 1) Which of the following equations can be used to solve for the number, if five more than triple a number is equal to seven less than the number.
______ 2) Solve for :
  
   
______ 3) Factor:
  
______ 4) Which of the following lines is not parallel to
______ 5) Evaluate:
   
Part 2 –
Directions: Complete each of the following questions in the space provided. Box your final answer.
6) a) Graph for all values b) Write the Equation for the axis of symmetry.
? c) What are the roots of d) What are the coordinates of the vertex? e) Is the vertex a minimum or a maximum?
7) Graph the following inequality:
8) At a recreation and sports facility, 3 members and 3 nonmembers pay a total of $180 to take an aerobics class. A group of 5 members and 3 nonmembers pay $210 to take the same class. How much does it cost members and nonmembers to take an aerobics class?
9) A foot ladder is placed against the side of a building so that the bottom of the ladder is feet from the base of the building. a. What is the angle of elevation? b. Suppose the bottom of the ladder is moved closer to the base of the building. Does the height that the ladder reaches increase or decrease?
10) If possible, factor completely: a) b)