My objective is to secure an engineering position in a challenging environment in order to increase my professional experience. While attending college I lead a group of students in a senior project competition as well as managed a gas station. My goal is to use my education, personal character and dedication to provide a positive contribution to your engineered products and/or services.
University of California in Santa Barbara
Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering
Graduated in June of 2010 with an overall GPA 3.33
September 2007-June 2010
Relevant Courses: Engineering Graphics, CAD and Conceptual Design, Sensors, Actuators, and
Computer Interfacing, Fluid Mechanics, Thermodynamics, Numerical Analysis, LabVIEW in lab environment
Computer Software: SolidWorks, ProE, AutoCAD, MATLAB, LabVIEW, Wolfram's Mathematica,
Comsol, Abaques, MS Office including MS Project
Fluent in Polish, proficient in German and Italian
I worked throughout college to assist with my educational expenses
Senior “CAPSTONE” Design Project
May 2009 – July 2010
University of California, Santa Barbara
▪ Lead a team of 5 students in a year long design project with excellent end results
Scheduling, direction and general management of a project team
Due to UC budget cuts managed 100% fund raising for the project through industry sponsorship.
▪ Assisted SpectraFluidics in their innovative design for an explosives detector, Micro fluidic-SERS
Technology based sensor, and its use in bomb detector.
LabVIEW Class Project
October 2009 – January 2010
Department of Material Science, Undergraduate research project for Dr Noah Phylips
▪ Created software architecture for lab hardware calibration
▪ Created software timing and triggering for hardware calibration
TESORO – USA Gas, Santa Barbara
Part-time station manager
July 2009 – December 2009
Direction and general management of 8 employees including: Scheduling, payroll, human resources, hazardous material safety, and conflict resolution.
▪ Customer Service: Followed up on complaints, and integrated new customer strategies which helped to reduce customer complaints by over 50%.
▪ Member of ASME
▪ President and founder of Italian club
Leader in fund-raising for 'Kristin's Story', a student workshop
Founding Father of Sigma Pi International Fraternity
January 2007 - Present
March 2010 – June 2010
March 2009 – June 2009
September 2008 – Present