2015 Production Technology -1
1. All questions are compulsory.
2. “Long Answer type Question (LAQ)” is a supply type question of 15 marks which required a typical answer of about
60-80 lines in bout 32-40 minutes.
3. “Sort Answer type Question (SAQ)” is a supply type question of 5 marks which required a typical answer of about 15-20 lines in bout 08-10 minutes.
4. Figures to the right indicate marks allotted to the questions.
5. Assume suitable data if necessary
6. Use a nonprogrammable type of scientific calculator is allowed
Time: 3 Hrs
Q.1 What is the function of cutting fluids? Explain in detail.
Q.1 Discuss the detail theory of metal cutting by considering different 15 zones? What is the effect of following parameters on metal cutting?
1. Cutting Speed 2. Depth of Cut. 3. Feed Rate.
Q.2 Draw the diagram of reamer and mark the main points.
Q.2 A) Explain the different types of cutting fluids.
B) Distinguish between countersinking and counter boring.
5 Q.3 State why surface finish is important? How is surface finish measured.
Q.4 State the applications of ceramic tool.
Q.5 Name and explain the different methods to align lathe centers.
Q.5 A) Explain Follower rest in detail with diagram.
B) Write the short note on Thread.
Q.6 A) Distinguish between a horizontal milling and a vertical milling
B) What happens to the cutting tool if the cutting speed is very high? Why.
Q.6 A) Difference between end milling and side milling.
B) State the use of bull nose end mill.
Q.7 Explain the terms: 1. Knurling 2.Boring
Q.8 Find out the angle to which a milling machine table must be swiveled to cut a helix having lead of 15 inch on a work piece of diameter 5 inch?
Computer Generated Random Question Paper dated: 17-07-2015 13:18:00
***BEST OF LUCK***