Basic Science Marks-80
1. All questions are compulsory.
2. “Long Answer type Question (LAQ)” is a supply type question of 15 marks which required a typical answer of about
60-80 lines in bout 32-40 minutes.
3. “Sort Answer type Question (SAQ)” is a supply type question of 5 marks which required a typical answer of about 15-20 lines in bout 08-10 minutes.
4. Figures to the right indicate marks allotted to the questions.
5. Assume suitable data if necessary
6. Use a nonprogrammable type of scientific calculator is allowed
Time: 3 Hrs
Explain La place's Molecular theory of liquid and hence define surface tension.
State & explain three types of strain
Explain the principle of optical fiber and its structure.
State general gas equation and meaning of symbols used in it.
Define cohesive force and adhesive force.
How long will light take in travelling a distance 500 m in water?
R.I of water is 4/3 and velocity of light in vacuum is 3x10 8 m/s.
Explain electroplating process with example.
Is the process of ionization is reversible? Why? 15
What is thermocol? Give its properties and applications.
State two physical properties and two engineering applications of
Fe, Cu and Al.
Q.7 A current of 3 amperes passing through silver nitrate solution for 20 minutes deposit hog of silver. What is the ECE of silver?
Q.8 Give characteristics of insulating materials.
Computer Generated Random Question Paper dated: 06-07-2015 10:27:06
*********BEST OF LUCK**********