General Congress - 8pm 11/16/15
2. Overview of this weekend’s world events.
3. Icebreaker - If you were an ice cream flavor, which would you be?
4. Committee Updates a. Rochelle - new dance minor, added a kinesiology course b. Victoria - Academic Computing Committee: Faculty technology innovation award nominations will be sent out next week, please take time to nominate a faculty member! c. William - Library committee: Certain departments have students who are graduating with low information/resource literacy. How can we improve students’s general knowledge?
5. Task Forces a. Shiku - Strengths test, please email her with your StrengthsQuest results, strengths and leadership meeting this evening, next week we will have a strengths and development training session.
6. Officer Reports a. Rochelle - Freshman Class representatives: Apply! You would lead your own task force and receive a stipend. b. Andrew - Alcohol policy: met with John Jobson. Res life’s number one priority is that student’s come home safely, however, if you are causing a disturbance, RAs can use the policy that your body is a container, and you can be written up. If you were not causing a disturbance, they can document you and not report you. i.
There is a difference between documenting and reporting. RAs are ii.
encouraged to document everything, but they do not report minor violations. Documenting is writing down a situation, and the
RD/RLC/SARD receives notification, reporting goes to administration/campus safety/judicial review.
There is still some confusion, we will invite Dr. Jobson to come speak to our group.
Safety statement will be posted on the facebook page, and has been posted at the SUD.
7. Old Business a. Alison - Its On Us week of action, we had a great week, please be sure to continue to show your support!
8. New Business a. None
9. Announcements a. Internal Strengthening/Personal development next week i.
Meeting at 7:30 instead of 8! b. Hockey Game this Friday!