Any student who has taken a course in Family and Consumer Sciences through grade 12 is eligible for active membership in an organized chapter within their school.
Symbolizes Strength Courage and
Symbolizes Sincerity of Purpose and
Integrity of Action
The Red Rose
Chapter Service Project
Chapter Service Display
Chapter in Review
Focus on Children
Life Event Planning
Nutrition and Wellness
Teach and Train
Family, Career and Community Leaders of
America offers scholarships to students planning to major in family and consumer sciences (FCS) and other disciplines. Applicants must have been a member of the Texas
Association, Family, Career and Community
Leaders of America. A standard application form for scholarships processed through the state office, Family, Career and Community
Leaders of America is used. Applications are due to the state office by March 1.
Fall District Meetings-
Meet other FCCLA members from surrounding schools and find out what FCCLA is all about!
– March 5-7, 2015 - Waco, Texas.
Students will participate in STAR/Proficiency Events and learn from concurrent sessions.
State Leadership Conference-
April 7-9, 2015
Texas. Students will participate in leadership sessions,
STAR/Proficiency Events, general sessions and special community service projects.
Students will participate in
STAR event competitions, leadership trainings, and other activities while meeting FCCLA members from across the nation.
( 1 st issue printed, 3 others are digital copies.)
1. Meet new friends with similar interests.
2. Plan and participate in fun chapter projects and activities.
3. Give back to your community and school. Make a difference in your world!
4. Explore careers and develop skills you will need for the world of work.
5. Earn recognition and feel good about yourself.
6. Compete in STAR Events and, upon advancement get the opportunity to travel to new places!
7. Develop your skills and associations that can benefit your resume and scholarship applications!
8. Receive an official membership card and copies of Teen Times.
9. Scholarship opportunities. , a national magazine that covers teen issues and FCCLA activities
Pick up a Membership Form from Mrs. Metz in W103.
Fill out your membership form and return it with $16.00 state and national dues to Mrs. Metz.
Attend the first meeting on September 15 th at 4:30 PM in W103. A makeup meeting will be held Sept. 16 th at
8:30 AM in W103.
Consider running for office. There are MANY leadership roles in FCCLA and you could find the one just right for you! See Mrs. Metz for an Officer