1. Where is opposition to the use of genetically modified organisms strongest?
2. How is modern laboratory genetic engineering different than traditional plant breeding of hybrid varieties?
3. Why do critics oppose the introduction of plants with newly introduced natural insecticide genes?
4. According to the film, what is wrong with the introduction of plants engineered to be herbicide resistant?
5. What other fears are there of genetically modified food? Why do critics not trust government regulators?
6. What potential threats are there to the environment from the growing of genetically modified organisms and the existence of “genetic drift?”
7. What percentage of store foods in North America contain genetically modified ingredients?
8. What are “food monopolies?” Why do those involved with this film oppose these organizations?
9. How do critics counter the argument that genetically modified foods are needed to feed the growing population of the developing world?
10. Why are GMO foods not specially labeled? Should they be? Why or why not?