Final Paper Requirements Before beginning your research, you must first come up with a topic. Your topic can have relevance on the local, state, or national level. Once you have chosen a topic, you must create a thesis question concerning the topic you will attempt to answer through your research. This will be the question guiding your research. Examples of thesis questions: Should the United States provide universal healthcare? Under what circumstances should gay marriage be legalized? How much control should the government have over what is served in school cafeterias? When is the death penalty a suitable punishment? Part I: The Introduction The introduction should be at least 2-3 pages, include all appropriate citations, and should include the following information: Background and/or history of the issue with at least two specific examples that indicate it is a controversial topic in today’s society Relevant facts and statistics relating to the issue Brief overview of the major arguments surrounding the issue Part II: Three Possible Solutions (Options) Through the construction of three separate argumentative essays, propose THREE answers or solutions to your presented question. Each option should be at least two pages in length and include appropriate citations. Each proposed option should include the following: Information from your research, including citations Information from credible experts in the field Results from a public opinion poll created by the student, breaking down the results by demographic factors (including age, gender, race and ethnicity) Reasons why this is the best solution (Remember, these are argumentative essays) Part III: The Conclusion Based on your research, analysis of all the information gathered, and your opinion, explain which option you support and why. This section should be at least two pages. Part IV: The Bibliography Create a bibliography using proper MLA citation. Papers will not be accepted without a proper bibliography. Part V: The Appendix The appendix should include the following: Poll Questions Poll Data: A one page overview of your poll results and 5 graphs depicting the results of your data Persuasive Business Letter: A letter written to an elected official who has the authority and power to influence the issue you have written about. Explain your position and what you would like to see done. Part VI: Oral Presentation 80% of your Final Exam will consist of the written part of this assignment. The other 20% of the Final Exam grade will be earned through an oral presentation. This presentation should be at least 10 minutes and include visual aids of some form. You will be teaching your issue to your classmates.