On-Campus Employment Form

Center for International Studies
900 Wood Road •
P.O. Box 2000 • Kenosha, WI 53141
(262) 595-2701
Fax: (262) 595-3211
Social Security On-Campus Work Authorization for
F-1 Students
The following F-student is in lawful non-immigrant status at the University of Wisconsin-Parkside. S/he
has been offered employment on campus and is authorized for this employment under the regulations
governing F-1 status found at 8 CFR 214.2 (f) (9) (i). Under immigration regulations, F-1 students are
limited to 20 hours of employment per week while school is in session. Full-time employment is permitted
during vacation periods, provided the student intends to register for the subsequent semester.
Student’s Name: _________________________________________________________
Date of Birth: ________________________
Month/Day/ Year
I.D. #
To be completed by: UW-Parkside Hiring Department/Supervisor:
Name and location of On-Campus Hiring Department__________________________________
Department Identification Number (UDDS#): ________________________________________
Phone: _____________________________
Dates of Employment: _______________
_______________ Hours/Week: ___________
Student’s Position Title:__________________________________________________________
Position Description:____________________________________________________________
Supervisor Name: _________________________________Title: _________________________
Signature: ____________________________________________ Date: ____________________
To be completed by: International Student Advisor/DOS/CIS representative:
I have verified that this student is maintaining his/her F-1 status and is therefore eligible to accept
employment at UW-Parkside.
International Student Advisor/DSO Printed Name: ____________________________________
DSO Signature:________________________________________________________________
Working While Awaiting an SSN
An F-1 student may work while the Social Security number application is being processed. Employers may wish to reference SSA’s
fact sheet, Employer Responsibilities When Hiring Foreign Workers. This fact sheet contains information on how to report wages for
an employee who has not yet received an SSN and is available online at http://www.socialsecurity.gov/employer/hiring.htm
Int’lStudentsfolder 3.5.2012