Vocabulary: Define these terms on a separate sheet of paper.
4. Air Mass
9. Storm Surge
10. Ice Age
12. Elliptical Orbit
1. What is the difference between weather and climate?
2. Draw a diagram of a warm front and describe what is occurring. What type of weather is formed?
3. Draw a diagram of a cold front and describe what is occurring. What type of weather is formed?
4. How is weather formed?
5. Describe the Coriolis effect and the impact it has on winds and ocean currents.
6. Describe how tornados are formed.
7. Describe how thunderstorms are formed.
8. Describe how hurricanes are formed.
9. What are the three climate zones? Describe each and list some organisms found there.
10. Draw a globe and label the latitudes of each climate zone.
11. What 2 topographical features impact climate? Explain the effects they have.
12. What is a Long-Term temperature change? List 5 examples.
13. What is a Short-Term temperature change? List 1 example.
14. What causes day and night?
What causes a change in Earth’s seasons?
16. What is the difference between rotation and revolution?
What is the angle of Earth’s tilt?
18. Where is the sun shining most directly during the Fall and Spring equinox?
19. In Arizona, where is the sun shining most directly during the Summer solstice?
20. In Arizona, where is the sun shining most directly during the Winter solstice?
21. It is June 21, and summer in the Northern hemisphere. What season is it in the Southern hemisphere?
Imagine you’re living on the equator. How would you describe the change of seasons?
23. What would seasons on the earth be like if the axis weren't tilted?
Why would birds want to “fly south for the winter”?
25. Write the latitude - longitude coordinate of each of the locations below (don’t forget to include
N,E,S, or W). a. g. b. c. h. i. d. e. f. j. k. l.
**Map on back of page!