Setting Up and Operating a Youth Committee
Tralee Credit Union Ltd.
Why set up a Youth
• Dedicated Team to meet the needs of youth in the common bond.
• Youth are the future.
Abraham Lincoln: “Youth are the people who are going to carry on what we have started.”
• Create, Develop and Promote an appreciation and understanding of TCU.
Tralee Credit Union’s
Youth Committee - Setup
• March 2008:
Board of Directors appointed a full time
Youth Development Worker.
• June 2008:
Youth Officer was appointed from the Board of Directors.
• November 2008:
Volunteer Drive and three new members where chosen by the nominating committee.
How it operates
• Five Members on the Youth Committee
-Boards Youth Officer
-Youth Development Worker
• Youth meetings are held once a month
How it operates?
• Youth Policy
• Youth Budget
• Youth meetings are held once a month –
Youth Development Worker reports to the youth committee on youth events
• Youth Report included in the Board pack each month.
What have our youth
• Youth Mascot:
Ellie is the youth mascot of Tralee Credit
• She is used as an educational tool to show children that saving can be an adventure and fun and…
• Through Ellie children have become financially aware
Primary School Saving
• €1 Ellie saving stamp scheme
• 27 Schools participating each week
Secondary School Credit Union
For every new Ellie
• Ellie Wallet
• Ellie Certificate
• Ellie gift – backpack or Piggy
• Summer and Winter Newsletter
• Issued to over 3,000 youth members
• Includes youth news and competitions
• Since the youth committee formed – growth in new accounts opened and children saving.
Other Youth Services
Website – www.traleecu.ie
Ellie Gift Cards