Formal Method Fall 2010
The Long Term Evolution (LTE)
radio communication is the upgrade of the current 3G mobile technology with a more complex protocol in order to enable very high data rates.
• • • website http://3g4g.blogspot.com/2009/09/lte-protocol-stack.html
• • Paper and PPT slides http://cc.ee.ntu.edu.tw/~farn/courses/FMV/01-3GPP_LTE SAE_Overview_Sep06.pdf
• http://wired-n-wireless.blogspot.com/2009/01/eps-mobility management-and-connection.html
• We are going to construct the user side and LTE side models to simulate the EMM and ECM behavior – Go and see the website to understand the structures of the EMM and ECM of LTE, then try to model the behavior of them by constructing models using our reblib tool,
– – Try to figure out the operation of it.
To describe the LTE, the more detailed the better.
• EMM state model in UE • EMM state model in MME
• ECM state model in UE • ECM state model in MME
• http://sourceforge.net/projects/redlib/files/ • Try to learn how to use it.
Send TA an .zip archive eg.R99921001_Project2.zip
Contains: – Your model file – A .pptslide (2~3 pages) about how your model works