By: Kayla Sanders
• • September 1, 1957 (age 54) Havana, Cuba
• Miami, Flordia
When did I move to America?
When I was just a toddler about 2 years old.
Reason why I emigrated?
• • • Because of communism.
They took away my country, they stole the most intimate things a human being can have. How could I forget that Fidel Castro was the person who did me so much harm?
It’s very hard talking about cuba.
• • • I became romantically involved with the Miami Sound Machine's band leader, Emilio Estefan. He was my first and only boyfriend.
We got married on September 1, 1978.
We had two children a girl and a boy. Nayib and Emily Marie.
• • Shortly after they moved to the United States, my father joined the US military and fought in the Vietnam war and moved to Houston Teaxs, also he participated in the failed Bay of Pigs Invasion. He got very ill when he came back from the Vietnam War, I watched him die a very slow 14 year death.
My mom was a school teacher.
• • Singer, Song writer, and Actress.
Hotel Nacional Official Music Video
• • I came out with 14 albums.
I played in a lot of movies and television shows, Such as G force, Marley & Me, Glee, the X Factor, Ect.