Welcome to Central Washington University Student Employment!

Welcome to Central Washington University Student Employment!
Before you can begin work, you will need to complete the following required paperwork.
When you verify your I-9, you will receive a yellow sticker
on your connection card indicating paperwork is complete.
Feel free to print this email and use it as a checklist.
Required Student Employment Paperwork
ON or before your HIRE DATE:
Online I-9 Form
Section 1
Login to MyCWU> Click the Employee
Tab*> Click the Personal Folder> Complete
and Submit I-9 Form
*If you do not see the Employee Tab, call
(509) 963-1202.
Verify Online I-9
Form Section 2
Verify Online I-9
Form Section 2
Bring ORIGINAL and CURRENT documents
(no photocopies) to Human Resources in
Bouillon 140. Click here for a list of
acceptable documents
CURRENT documents to the International
Center, email Ray Wells at
WellsR@cwu.edu or call 509-963-3613
PERS Waiver
HR will have all students sign this when
they verify the I-9 Form.
Preventing Sexual
Discrimination &
Title IX Training
Please go to this site to access the online
training: http://www.cwu.edu/studentemployment/student-employee-training
Direct Deposit
Complete online in MyCWU> Click the
Employee Tab*> Click the Payroll Folder>
Direct Deposit
W-4 Form
Complete online in MyCWU> Click the
Employee Tab*> Click the Payroll Folder>
W-4 Tax Information
Student Employment
(Human Resources
Central Washington University
400 E University Way
Ellensburg, WA 98926-7425
Bouillon Hall, Room 140
(509) 963-1202
**The I-9 cannot be started until your job is
in the system. Jobs are entered up to one
week before the start date.
An I-9 Form is a federally required
employment eligibility verification form
which must be completed by every person
hired for employment in the United States.
Please review the list of documents that you
can use to verify the I-9 Form.
Either 1 item from List A or 1 item from List B
and C
Please see the attached list of documents
that you can use to verify the I-9 Form.
Either 1 item from List A or 1 item from List B
and C
It states that student employees are exempt
from paying into a retirement fund.
This training is required for all CWU
employees once every three years.
This is the preferred method of
payment. Your paycheck will be
automatically deposited into your bank
If your first paycheck is not deposited, you
can pick up a paper check in the Cashier’s
Office in Barge Hall with photo ID.
Automatically defaults to 'Single, 0'. But you
should always select what you want.
Facebook: facebook.com/cwustudentemployment
Twitter :twitter.com/CWUStudentJobs
Work-Study Student Employment
Barge Hall, Room 115
Ellensburg, WA 98926-7496
(509) 963-1611
Affordable Care Act Required Notice of Health Insurance Marketplace:
Employees with health insurance coverage; generally, no action is required.
Employees without benefit coverage; read this notice to find out your options under the new law.
You are receiving this notification as required by law. Beginning in 2014, most individuals will be required to have health
insurance coverage. When key parts of the health care law take effect in 2014, there will be a new way to buy health
insurance: the Health Insurance Marketplace, (Health Insurance Exchange). Washington Healthplanfinder is the
Marketplace serving Washington State residents. This notice provides basic information about the Marketplace as well as
PEBB benefits offered by your employer and is intended to assist you in evaluating options for you and your family.
Employees with health insurance: All eligible state employees receive an employer contribution for PEBB medical plan
enrollment and are not allowed to waive medical coverage to enroll in coverage through the Marketplace.
However, if the cost of a PEBB health plan to cover you (and not any other members of your family) is more than 9.5% of
your household income for the year, or does not meet the “minimum value” standard set by the ACA, you may be eligible
for a tax credit or other financial assistance.
Employees not eligible for employer contribution: Employees who are not eligible for the employer contribution for PEBB
medical plan enrollment should consider applying for health benefits in the new Marketplace.
Visit www.healthcare.gov for more information. For Washington State residents, visit: www.wahealthplanfinder.org
Information about PEBB health plans offered by your employer is available online: www.hca.wa.gov/pebb
If you decide to complete an application for coverage in the Marketplace, you will be asked to provide the following
information. This information is numbered to correspond to the Marketplace application.
3. Employer name: Central Washington University
4. Employer Identification Number (EIN) 91-6000618
5. Employer address: 400 East University Way
6. Employer phone number: (509) 963-1111
7. City: Ellensburg
9. ZIP code: 98926
8. State: WA
10. Who can we contact about employee health coverage at this job? Human Resources
11. Phone number: (509) 963-1202
12. Email address: humanres@cwu.edu
As your employer, we offer a health plan to:
 All employees.
 Some employees.
With respect to dependents:
 We do offer coverage.
 We do not offer coverage.
 If checked, this coverage meets the minimum value standard, and the cost of this coverage to you is intended to be
affordable, based on employee wages. Even if your employer intends your coverage to be affordable, you may still be
eligible for a premium discount through the Marketplace. The Marketplace will use your household income, along with
other factors, to determine whether you may be eligible for a premium discount. If, for example, your wages vary from
week to week (perhaps you are an hourly employee or you work on a commission basis), if you are newly employed
mid-year, or if you have other income losses, you may still qualify for a premium discount.