-----Original Message----- From: Faith Always [ ]

-----Original Message----From: Faith Always [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Friday, March 18, 2005 7:42 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Tax problems under current tax code
Hello, I have a friend who lives with me, due to her being disabled and
not making any money last year, I was able to count her as a dependant.
However, I was not able to deduct the money sent to her ex-husband for
child support that she could not pay, that I did. Next year, due to the
fact that she is getting $400 a month in disability( only $4800 a
year!), and even though I still provide over 50% of her support, I will
not even be able to count her as a dependant! This is just wrong!
Either she needs to be given enough to
actually live on, or the tax rules need to be changed!
Thank you,