Alg2A Q2 Quarter Exam
In Class Review
Find the equation in slope intercept form and graph: [put all 5 lines in the same box, labeled (1)] c) m = 0, (-5,8) 1) a) (3, 4)(-9, -4) d) 30x + 20y = 60
2) Solve the system graphically:
15x - 15y = -45 y - 2 = -3(x + 1) b) m = -2 (4, -8) e) (-4, 6)(-4,-6)
For each problem: a) Find the equation in slope intercept form. b) Find the equation of a line parallel to the line in part a) passing through the given point. c) Find the equation of a line perpendicular to the line in part a) passing through the given point. d) Graph each line on the same set of coordinate axis.
3) a) (8, -1)(-4, 5) b) (-12, 4)
4) a) (-3, 7)(3, 7) b) (-5, -4) c) (-2, -9) c) (-8, 5)
5) An eagle flies 45 miles south and then 24 miles east. How far is the bird from the staring point?
6) Billy is sitting on the ground flying a kite. The kite is 319 feet in the air and the string is 475 feet long.
What is the angle of depression?
7) A bird is perched on the top of an oak tree. He sees a piece of bread on the ground. The bread is 42 feet from the base of the tree. The bird sees the angle of depression is 38°. How far must the bird fly to get the bread?
8) Two trains leave the station at the same time. One is traveling east at a rate of 72 mph. The other is traveling east at a rate of 94 mph. How long to they have to travel until they are 67.1 miles apart?
9) A jar of change has $104.40 in it. There are 2 dimes more than quadruple the amount of nickels and 5 quarters less than double the amount of nickels. How many nickels, dimes, and quarters are in the jar?
10) Find 4 consecutive integers such that the 5 times the 3 rd
is 154 more than the sum of the 1 st
and 4 th
11) A store charges $32 for crew neck sweatshirts and $41 for hooded sweatshirts. The store sold 170 sweatshirts for a total of $6,628?
12) A 31-minute phone call cost $3.74. Introductory minutes cost $.14/min and additional minutes are
$.09/min. How many minutes were billed at each rate?