REDWOODS COMMUNITY COLLEGE DISTRICT Program Review Boardroom 9/23/11 10am – 12pm Meeting Notes: Present: Vinnie Peloso; Rachel Anderson, Cheryl tucker; Angelina Hill; Paul Hidy; Zach DeLoach; Steve Stratton; Dana Maher; Hillary Reed; Tom Cox; Phil Freneau; Justine Shaw; Todd Olsen; Crislyn Parker - notes 1. Call to Order – 10am 2. Approve 9/16/11 Notes: Moved and seconded to approve notes as corrected. 3. Update of Committee membership: Lisa Liken will not be able to participate. The academic senate is looking for a replacement. The PRC still needs a Mendo position and a CSEA/Administrative representative. 4. Review of Templates: (continued from 9/16/11 meeting): Instructional Annual: Utpal’s recollection is the “description” on the Faculty request form is intended to detail more specifics of the position, to guide the faculty prioritization committee. A description is not required. The committee agreed to include a brief clarification, in parenthesis, in the job description box of the form. Inform faculty if data is requested on the template, and not provided, the PRC/IR should be notified immediately. After brief update on last week’s meeting, for new members, the committee continued to review the templates. After discussion, the committee decided the special attention boxes, on the Intro page are not necessary. The checklist boxes were revised to include each of the four assessment reporting forms. Data Tab: The committee decided that Basic skills information will remain. Labor Tab: Data is not embedded, but hyperlinks are provided. PRC will have to click on link to view data when reviewing the program review. Support Services Resources Tab: Requires people to be more specific and identify what, why and include detailed support of the request. Curriculum Tab: Added a box: “How did the outcomes assessment process inform these curricular updates?” District Data Tab: Data not embedded, but hyperlinks to district data are provided. Instructional Comprehensive: Each section has a tab showing tying it into the strategic plan. There will be links to the strategic master plan and mission as well. Benchmarking and Advisory tabs: Blended the advisory tab and the benchmark tab PLO/SLO Tab: It should be explicit that each discipline must submit course level plans, assessment etc. A checklist will be included, as in the annual. Efficiencies Tab: Information required by the Program Discontinuance and Revitalization committee. FTEF tab: Information is a check for a healthy program, used for faculty prioritization and will include a Y/N “have you completed the faculty request form?” Service Time Tab: There was discussion on how to better include the information in this area. Rachel will work Zach on where best to capture. Projected Needs: Added to the service tab. Development Activities: Committee discussed and agreed it wasn’t necessary. Planning Assessment: Justine and Rachel will develop a chart and revise this section. Changes will be sent to PRC members via email for review prior to publicizing. Resources and Student Services Resources tabs: It was discussed and agreed that a needs addendum can be submitted if required. Budget tab: This will be the same as the annual and will include a box that asks for mandatory recurring program expenses. Assessment of self study and OptSumm tabs: The committee discussed and agreed to delete. Student Services draft templates: Because of time, these templates will be sent to student services directors, who will submit feedback to Cheryl. Cheryl will also check with Administrative Services and give a deadline of Friday, 9/30. On October 7, the committee will give the final thumbs up/down and proceed to work on the needs addendums. Rachel and Zach will revise the templates as per discussion and send via email to the committee as soon as possible The Committee is tasked to review the Key indicator and calendar drafts and submit feedback/suggested changes to Rachel/Cheryl over the next week. 5. Review Key Indicator drafts: (moved to email discussion) a. Instructional b. Student Services 8. Review Program Review Author calendar (moved to email discussion) 9. Review 5-year calendar (moved to email discussion) 10. Other: No meeting on 9/30; however any committee member available to assist with the assessment committee workshops 10am – 12pm on Friday, 9/30 is welcome. Rachel asks that committee members please review the remaining agenda items and submit feedback/changes by the end of this week. At the 10/7 meeting, she would like to have a final vote to post and move on to addendums. Meeting adjourned at 12:20pm. Next meeting is Friday, October 7, 10am in LRC 103.