The Diary a Young Girl
—— Anne Frank
Chan Kwan Ho (14)
Chau Cheuk Man (17)
Vessily Chow (19)
Wong Ho Yin (34)
Born in Frankfurt,
1941 (Age: 12)
1945 (Age: 16)
Died in the concentration camp
1933 (Age: 4)
His father moved to
1940 (Age: 11)
1942 (Age: 13)
Hide in Secret
• - The author of the diary.
- Very intelligent and perceptive
- Wants to become a writer.
Before age fifteen
At age fifteen
- Sensitive thinker
Anne’s older sister.
- Born in Frankfurt in 1926.
- Anne and Margot do not form a close bond.
- Dies in the concentration camp a few days before Anne.
- Born in 1889, in a wealthy family
- T he family’s business collapsed (economic depression)
- Moved to Amsterdam in 1933
protect his family
- Job: Selling chemical products and provisions
- Survives the war, died in 1980
Edith Frank (Edith Hollander)
- Born in Aachen, Germany
- Married Otto in 1925.
- Anne and her mother have a very tumultuous relationship.
- Dies of hunger in the concentration camp.
Mr. van Daan (Hermann van Pels)
- Hides in the annex along with the Franks
- Worked with Otto Frank (herbal specialist)
- Dies in the gas chambers.
Mrs. van Daan (Auguste van Pels)
Mr. van Daan’s wife.
- F requently complains about the family’s situation.
- Does not survive the war.
Peter van Daan (Peter van Pels)
- The teenage son of the van Daans
- Becomes close friends with Anne.
- He is sweet to Anne.
- Anne and Peter develop a romantic attraction, but Mr. Frank discourages.
- Peter dies on 5.5.1945 at the concentration camp. (Only three days before the camp was liberated)
Anne thinks he is…
Albert Dussel (Fritz Pfeffer)
- A dentist and an acquaintance of the Franks
- Hides with the Franks in the annex
- Anne finds Mr. Dussel difficult to deal with.
- Anne suffers his personal hygiene habits, pedantic lectures, and controlling tendencies.
- Dies at the concentration camp.
Mr. Kugler (Victor Kugler )
- A man who helps hide the Franks in the annex.
- Arrested in 1944 but escapes in 1945.
- He immigrates to Canada in 1955
- Dies in Toronto in 1981.
Mr. Kleiman (Johannes Kleiman)
- A man who helps the Franks hide.
- Arrested in 1944 but released because of poor health.
- Survives the war until his death in 1959.
A secretary at Otto’s office who helps the Franks hide.
- After the Franks are arrested, she stows the diary away in a desk drawer and keeps it there, unread, until Otto’s return in 1945.
- She died in 2010 at the age of 100.
We will likely have to go into hiding soon.
Can you help me to store our belongings?
We will leave here instead of waiting for the Germans to take us.
Anne do not have to worry because she trusts her father’s plan.
Three days later… On Sunday afternoon.
Our father had received a call-up notice from the
The next day
But… in fact. The one who had been called up is Margot.
They packed as much clothes as they can.
The Frank’s went to Secret Annex for hiding.
How they did it?
1) His father went to hide first.
During 1 July ~ 10 July
2) Margot (Anne’s sister) arrived with a schoolbag full of books.
3) Anne follows in the evening.
The Secret Annex
(263 Prinsengracht )
A big grey door.
Stocked with dozens of cardboard boxes
The Diary Of Anne Frank 2009
—— Anne Frank
—— The Diary of a Young Girl