Service providers offer a variety of services to customers such as access to third-party software, business transaction services, and line-of-business
(LOB) applications. Service providers offer customers direct or indirect access to Microsoft server licensed products (“products”) or software services that interact with Microsoft products.
• Provides customers with direct or indirect access to
Microsoft products such as hosted websites or LOB applications through Microsoft server products.
• Offers customers software services that interact with
– In this scenario, you, not your customer, are the licensee.
• Facilitates customer’s business, including transactions with third parties, through software services that interact with Microsoft products.
• Provides customers with access to and use of any application, Microsoft or otherwise, and the application is running on a server and interacts with a Microsoft product on that server.
Deliver a customized service
Pay as you go with no up-front costs
Access the most current product versions
Try before you buy
Prior version rights
Outsource data center services
Include your affiliates
Application service providers
Business process outsourcers (BPO)
Franchisees and franchises
IT outsourcers that provide software licenses
Messaging or collaboration service providers
Platform infrastructure providers
PC rental companies
Streaming media providers
Web hosting providers
Web or Internet service providers
ISVs that provide hosted applications
1. Must be a member of the Microsoft Partner Network (MPN) & a member of the
Microsoft Hosting Community .
2. Sign a Microsoft Business and Services Agreement.
3. Designate a licensed products reseller. Work with a SPLA reseller to complete the SPLA and MBSA. The reseller does the following:
1. Collects your monthly use report or zero use report and submits it to Microsoft.
2. Collects payment for the licenses made available to users during the previous month.
3. Assists you on all aspects of the SPLA Program. Selects a SPLA reseller from the list at http://www.microsoft.com/hosting/en/us/licensing/splahowto.aspx
4. Provide monthly reporting on software licenses
5. Submit a monthly invoice payment.
6. Comply with the Services Provider Use Rights (SPUR)
7. Abide by copyright guidelines, the use of trademarks, and antipiracy obligations
8. Provide technical support
9. Agree to participate in Microsoft SPLA audits
10. Comply with the export requirements
Licensing is monthly
2 Types of licenses*:
– Per Subscriber: A Subscriber Access License (SAL) is required for each unique individual user or device that is authorized to access or otherwise use the licensed products
– Per Processor: Each Processor License allows an unlimited number of users to access the product that is installed on that processor for products licensed through a per-processor model
* Not all Products are available in both license models
• Obtain master copies of the Microsoft product
• Provide software services that interact with Microsoft products to your customers
• Ensure that your customers have agreed to & are provided the required Microsoft customer license terms
• Sign the License Mobility Addendum if you plan to become an Authorized Mobility Partner
Microsoft Dynamics business software
Microsoft Exchange Hosted Services
Microsoft Exchange Server
Microsoft Forefront Client Security
Microsoft Office SharePoint® Server
Microsoft SQL Server
Microsoft System Center
Windows Server operating system
*For Full Set of Products visit most recent SPUR document
• 3 year term
• After 3 yrs you can:
– Let expire
– Sign new agreement
– Sign 12 or the longest remaining customer agreement
• Extensions need to be made 30 days prior to expiring
• Termination with 60 days notice
– 30 days of agreement expiring required to remove all client software from customer’s PCs
Can request pricing from SYNNEX by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
– Decrease: ANYTIME
– Increase: Once each calendar year on Jan 1st
• Products can be downloaded on VLSC website
• Physical can also be order from SYNNEX
– Can be accessed through VLSC
– Contact Microsoft Activation Center
Monthly Reporting required for each product made available for calendar month
– End user information is required
– Adjustments Reporting needs to be done in 90 days of invoice & detailed explanation
Zero Reporting required if no sales made
– 6 consecutive months of zero reporting may terminate agreement with MSFT
Final Reporting needs to provide same monthly or zero reporting
– Must maintain records for 2 years after termination or expiration
How to Enroll —Services Provider License Agreement
Meet the following two requirements:
– Enroll in the Microsoft Partner Network at https://partner.microsoft.com/global/40026972 .
– Enroll in the Microsoft Hosting Community at https://partner.microsoft.com/global/40011651 .
Sign the SPLA and either sign a new MBSA or link an existing one to the SPLA. To link to an existing MBSA, provide the MBSA number to your reseller.
After Microsoft has received your SPLA and verified your existing
MBSA status (or processed a new MBSA), a welcome letter is sent that contains an agreement number. Details on how to obtain media and product key activation are listed above.
For the most current information on the SPLA Program, visit the
Microsoft Partner Network at https://partner.microsoft.com/40066884 .
SYNNEX Hosting Page including details on SYNNEX partner program Capture the Cloud, Hosting
Microsoft Volume Licensing for Partners: https://partner.microsoft.com/global/40019020
Services Provider License Agreement Program:
Microsoft Hosting Community:
Microsoft Hosting Solutions:
Microsoft Hosting University:
Microsoft Services Provider Use Rights:
Microsoft Product Use Rights
License Mobility through Software Assurance
– Microsoft Volume Licensing Service Center: https://www.microsoft.com/licensing/servicecenter/Home.aspx
Partner Training with the Microsoft Partner Learning Center (Logon Required):