HRD Syllabus Study Group Activities Faculty Interview Trainings & Motivational Talks for Students and Faculties Campus Placements
* More Placements by visiting emerging companies * Bridge Alumni and current students Training by Accenture & Infosys for students Nurture Student – Corporate Interactions Faculty Development Programs English Club Placement Cell Entrepreneurship Development Club
Joseph Jestin K J HOD, Dept. of Humanities
ELSEVIER – Science Direct, NPTEL
• ATLAS, HANDBOOKS, WORLD RECORD BOOKS • ENCYCLOPAEDIAS • CD-ROMS • NATIONAL & INTERNATIONAL JOURNALS • CIVIL SERVICE COACHING MATERIALS • MATERIALS FOR GATE, GMAT, GRE. MBA, QUIZ COMPETITIONS, ETC • MAGAZINES • LITERATURE - CLASSICS
• BOOK BANK SCHEMES • INTERNET BROWSING (12
• BOOK CENTRE • ILL (Inter Library Loan) • OPAC • 12 HOURS SERVICE INCLUDING HOLIDAYS • OVERNIGHT ISSUE • DEPARTMENT LIBRARIES – BT, BM & EC • REPROGRAPHIC SERVICE
Books Print Journals E-journals Vol.
15896 Titles 5840 87 275 (Elsevier)+NPTEL Magazines CDs 28 1195 Newspaper 8 Students Seminar, Project & Industrial Visit Reports, College Magazines and College News letters
• e-journals Subscription • Collection Development • ISO • New Dept. Library - EC • New Library Software • New Library Building
Completion of New Library Building Collection Development Dept. Libraries for EEE, CS & CIVIL Circulation Automation & Bar Coding NAAC
DURING THE LAST YEAR
• Books Purchased • Books issued under 3000+ Book Bank Scheme 3200 + • ISO Audit – Excellent Feedback from Auditors • No. of users increased • Library staffs are playing very important role in all college events and help to publish college news in media
Library generated more than Rs. 4 lakhs through book bank schemes, book centre and other services last year.
In collaboration with CS Dept., library conducted NPTEL workshop for faculty members.
Consultancy service to SCAS Assisting CS Dept. for conducting online exams.
College e-mails checking and forwarding to respective depts.
Important news in the newspapers related with University, AICTE and our college are reporting daily to the management and documenting the same.
Arranged Training session for Faculty members on how to use Elsevier – e-journal package Arranging Send off files with all related certificates, Conduct Certificate, etc for outgoing batch of students Assisting Magazine Committee and News Letter committee for preparing college magazine and Newsletter
Librarian attended FDP conducted at IIT, Madras Mr. Jestin represented Sahrdaya College in the Xavier Board of Higher Education Triennial Conference conducted at St. Philomenia’s College Mysore in the month of May 2013 Librarian successfully completed the course work for Ph.D. with A+ Grade International journal of library and information science publish by Academic Journals, Victoria Island, Lagos selected our Librarian as the reviewer of the Journal.
Sr. Dalia, MLISc student of IGNOU is doing her project under the guidance Mr. Jestin Librarian is serving the college through various roles such as Gents Hostel Asst. Warden, HOD of three departments (Library, HR, Physical Education) and Faculty of Humanities and Communication skills, Associate Editor of SCET Journal, In-charge of XBHI, Blood Bank, Quiz Club, Counseling (Admission) and the committee member of Ethics, Anti-Ragging cell, Accreditation Cell, etc.
Joseph Jestin Jose Baby Limu Antu T C Manoj George Jessy Thomas -
Librarian MA, MLISc, MPhil, LMISTE, NET, MBA, (Ph.D.) Associate Librarian MLISc, Mphil Assistant Librarian MLISc, Mphil Library Assistant DEC, IATA, M.Com, PGDCA Library Assistant B.Com
Library Assistant BA