Uploaded by Jennifer Johansan

How Working Holiday Visa 462 Is Different From Subclass 417

How Working Holiday
Visa 462 Is Different
From Subclass 417
Visa Subclass 462 is a type of Australian
Working Holiday. This Visa is for young
people who wants to have an extended
holiday in Australia and also want to
work at the same time.
Working Holiday Visa 462 allows you to do1. Study and Work in Australia
2. Stay in Australia for up to 1 year.
3. You can apply for next streams, if eligible.
Who can apply for Visa Subclass 462?
1. You need to be between 18 to 30 years of age.
2. You must be outside Australia when applying.
3. You must hold a passport from eligible country.
4. You must not be accompanied by dependent children.
5. You need to have health and character certificates per
Australian government policy to apply for the
work and holiday subclass 462.
6. You must meet education requirement.
7. You must have proof of functional English.
How is Visa 462 different from Visa 417?
1. Unlike the Visa subclass 417, Visa 462 requires specific educational qualification.
2. Subclass 462 visa requires proof of functional English (with the exception of American
citizens), while 417 visa does not.
3. Both Visas have different eligible countries. Like Visa subclass 462 allows applicants from
Argentina, Austria, Chile, China, Czech Republic, Hungary, Indonesia, Israel, Luxembourg,
Malaysia, Peru Poland, Portugal, San Marino, Slovak Republic, Singapore, Slovenia, Spain,
Thailand, Turkey, the United States, Uruguay or Vietnam and visa subclass 417 allows
applicants from Belgium, Cyprus, Denmark, Canada, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Hong
Kong, Republic of Ireland, Italy, Japan, Republic of Korea, Malta, Netherlands, Norway,
Sweden, Taiwan or the United Kingdom.
4. 462 visa requires a letter of support from your government of origin (unless you’re from
the U.S.), while 417 visa does not.
Hope my article will help you to understand what is
Working Holiday Visa Subclass 462 and the difference
between these two visas. If you still have any
doubts/questions regarding this visa subclass 462 then
you can consult with any Immigration Agent Perth.
Migration Agent Perth
CONTACT: contacts@isamigrations.com
Ground Floor, 197-201 Adelaide Terrace, Perth WA 6004